THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Nuanetsi Waterbuck with Butch Coaton

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nuanetsi Waterbuck with Butch Coaton
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted
Here is a picture of the waterbuck that I shot last year with Butch Coaton at Nuanetsi Zimbabwe.
Late in the day, we came across a nice herd of waterbuck bulls along the river. They had us pinned down and Butch called the shooter bull back behind the others and partially obstructed by a fallen tree. A 50 yrd shot too low in the chest created a river valley pursuit where he was finally put down right before dark downstream a couple hundred yards in some seriously thick river cover. Turned out Butch had called the shot on a 31” waterbuck. Good call Butch!

Posts: 395 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Ron - beauty of a Waterbuck! FYI...our avg out of 10 bulls taken last year was just shy of 30"!!!!!

Butch just left camp 3 days ago after having guided a fantastic couple from the US, to an old Dagga boy and a big bag of plainsgame.

Cheers,
Brent

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow Eeker
Congratulations on a beast!!!

Definitely an animal I must hunt on my next time over tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
That is a really nice looking waterbuck

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Waterbuck and a great PH Butch is, but he can be a cranky old man sometime. All kidding, he is a good friend. I am curious if Keith Wall is managing and hunting this camp. I know he is working for Chifuti but I do not know how many Nuanetsi's there are. Does anyone know. Keith was an appy with me on my 2009 and a lot of fun to hunt with.

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted Hide Post
Brent, Glad to hear Butch is back at Nuanetsi as he put in a tremendous effort with me last year. I hope to come back one day as well. Please, save me some of your awesome plains game!

Keith and his wife Lynzee were working for Chifuti @ Nuanetsi last year when I was there. They were expecting a baby at that time and were great hosts. I didnt get the chance to hunt with him but I would sure like to. Keith was a true gentleman and has a great future as a PH. The hunting at Nuanetsi was excellent, and the camp life was as good if not better thanks to Keith and Lynzee.

Posts: 395 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice!
Congrats!

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Serious.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Absolutely fantastic.

Mike tu2

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
Nice Waterbuck and a great PH Butch is, but he can be a cranky old man sometime. All kidding, he is a good friend. I am curious if Keith Wall is managing and hunting this camp. I know he is working for Chifuti but I do not know how many Nuanetsi's there are. Does anyone know. Keith was an appy with me on my 2009 and a lot of fun to hunt with.

Keith and Lynzee left at the closure of the 2012 hunting season as they were expecting their first child. Keith is now one of the PH's for Chifuti Safaris and will be hunting in the Zambezi Valley and also down here on Nuanetsi. His position as camp manager at Mbizi Camp at Nuanetsi has been filled by Anthony Howland.

Cheers,
Brent

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote