New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wheels Up Today
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Leaving this evening for Joberg to do the tourist thing and hunt the ever elusive Vaal Rhebok.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good hunting and safe travels

JK

Posts: 494 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Travel safely and good luck!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Luck! Vaal Rhebok are one of Africa's true difficult hunts. Where are you hunting?

Posts: 225 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will be based at Lalibela Game Reserve, but will hunt on a property about 3 hrs away so it will be long days. This is all between Port Elizabeth and Grahamstown. I have hunted this general area back in 2001 from Kikuyu Lodge. Hunting with an old friend Mark DeWet,

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jagter,

I am envious. Vallie hunts have been some of my most enjoyable. Like hunting a cross between bighorn sheep and pronghorns.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
465H&H but the see so much better, eh.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I agree with 465, Vallie hunts are challenging and very enjoyable with beautiful scenery to boot!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safe travels and enjoy clap

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
We will be based at Lalibela Game Reserve, but will hunt on a property about 3 hrs away so it will be long days. This is all between Port Elizabeth and Grahamstown. I have hunted this general area back in 2001 from Kikuyu Lodge. Hunting with an old friend Mark DeWet,

You are going to thoroughly enjoy the hunt in the Winterberg Mountains. I have hunted that area three times and have taken two Vaalies. It is a great hunt. I am envious.

Posts: 225 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Have a safe trip and good luck!

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote