New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to video a hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for a video cameral man for my buffalo hunt in the LowVeld in last week of August 2018.

- Must be be good video man and comfortable in the bush.
- May use my video camera and my drone.

contact, brian@fastcutcnc.com

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3407 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Andy or Ray Buchanan. They are good as anybody, I have used Ray twice and have Andy booked for my hunt in Cameroon in May. They have posted video clips here on AR also.

May

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bama, Please tell me where they are located. How do I contact them?

Thanks again, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3407 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Another nod for Ray!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Todd.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dark Continent Video Productions

Top Class outfit

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray Buchanan of Rustic Hunter Productions is my choice.Ray is always filming and will provide you with lots of footage to choose from should you decide to do the editing yourself.It is good to tell a video guy what you want that way he can help you.You are the films producer and director therefore don't be afraid to take part in the creation.I really like videos especially if there is good shooting, wild country and quality game.It is good to be in shape too.Afterall you are the star actor.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:
Thanks Bama, Please tell me where they are located. How do I contact them?

Thanks again, Brian

Andy's contact is Andrew@buchananhunts.com
Ray's is rhpimages@yahoo.com
Go ahead and contact them, they book up EARLY, particularly if you have set dates.
Can't go wrong with either one.

Nyae Nyae bull elephant raffle
https://www.tsumeb-gimnasium.c...hant-hunt-in-namibia

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bama, good job, thanks. I will contact them asap. brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Manyathelo, Thanks, I will check them out. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway, You are right on there. But I never seem to get in very good shape anymore. (The word "lazy" comes to mind.)
See "Brian hunts cape buffalo" on You tube.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I contacted both firms. Thanks again for the referrals.

One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Osprey filming company tim martin and zig
Duncan watson is a good one to

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, diego!

One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Andy Buchanan is a lot of fun to have in camp as well as being a great videographer. Ray I’m sure is pretty gd too. Have only heard gd things about him. I’d also enquire with Double D productions as they filmed a hunt for me in early November and I already have the complete edited DVD in hand. Contact doubledproductionsdon@gmail.com

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shootaway, You are right on there. But I never seem to get in very good shape anymore. (The word "lazy" comes to mind.)
See "Brian hunts cape buffalo" on You tube.

I saw the video.The one where you hunt with the 577 single shot and cast bullets.I liked the video.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thierry, Thanks! I forgot about them. I will give them a kick at the can too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just so you know.
Andrew Buchanan kindly wrote me back quickly and explained that he and his sister run a booking agent and only film their own clients.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Brian

I have had the pleasure of hunting with all the people being discussed and at the risk of taking sides here I will simply say that Justin Drainer is outstanding in every aspect.

He is the professional to a tee and has a lot more hunting experience then any cameraman I know. Bottom lime they will all give you a good product but having hunted with Justin for close on 15 years I can honestly say you will get your monies worth twice fold! Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Justin Drainer

I second what Buzz said, he will not shy away when it becomes interesting!

PM

Posts: 495 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Osprey has filmed a total of 9 hunts for me. I have been very happy with them .

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions! Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can anyone ballpark the cost to film a 10 day hunt? Is the hunter paying to fly the cameraman in from the states or are they mostly local (in africa) cameramen? Curious about how it all works. Thanks

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I look for a local African firm that can film/edit to make a video. The best price I have found is about $300+ USD per day which includes editing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am looking for a video cameral man for my buffalo hunt in the LowVeld in last week of August 2018.

I recommend you try contacting Laurie Alanthwaite at Osprey.

Posts: 2046 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fulvio, Thanks for the tip.
I am actually now looking at buying a cameral and filming and editing it myself. My wife is a good photographer and there are editing programs available. I think it is a good DIY project.
I will post the video in late 2018 and we call all see how it turned out. (No snickering please)
I could hunt another buffalo cow or two for the price of getting a pro video done. And, it will be fun learning how to do it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fulvio, Thanks for the tip.
I am actually now looking at buying a cameral and filming and editing it myself. My wife is a good photographer and there are editing programs available. I think it is a good DIY project.
I will post the video in late 2018 and we call all see how it turned out. (No snickering please)
I could hunt another buffalo cow or two for the price of getting a pro video done. And, it will be fun learning how to do it.

It is not nearly easy as it might seem.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

He did an excellent job on my an elephant hunt in Botswana for me in 2012.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

Lauri filmed a hunt for me some years ago, very good guy

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwana, It does not seem easy to me. I like a challenge. Lets see how it goes.

One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Hi Brian

I have had the pleasure of hunting with all the people being discussed and at the risk of taking sides here I will simply say that Justin Drainer is outstanding in every aspect.

He is the professional to a tee and has a lot more hunting experience then any cameraman I know. Bottom lime they will all give you a good product but having hunted with Justin for close on 15 years I can honestly say you will get your monies worth twice fold! Cheers Buzz

What Buzz said .... tu2

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member