Notify
Tools

Sudan - Wildlife & Hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
Guests //

There has recently been a signed ( agreement ) between the GOV'T and REBELS to end hostilities and bearing in mind this is AFRICA therefore that does not necessarily mean a total end to hostilities.

Having said that, our AR guests (might be interested) in the governments promotion of hunting that appears on their UK Embassy website

RIFLE PERMITS: Import / export to Sudan

Holy smoke, I nearly feel of my chair when I saw their rifle import export permit requirements for hunters entering SUDAN .... I wish the South African authorities could speak to them about how to make life easy for foreign hunters, possibly they want to promote Sudan as a hunting destination and South African authorities DONT CARE (-:

Sudan Wildlife - Hunting !

Regards, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Interesting that scopes are forbidden for Buffalo and Elephant.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Peter, this is very exciting news. One can only hope that the wild game have survived in good numbers and with good trophy quality in the Sudanese portions of the old Enclave de Lado and other areas in the southwest.

Mike, I don't think it's interesting, I think it's bizarre to prohibit scopes. But don't you love the garbled bureaucratese in the firearms regulations:

"A 7 mm 300 Magnum or similar, with telescopic sight 8x30 for big game and all species in general, is recommended. For elephant and buffalo, caliber 375 (456-460-600) is preferable, but telescopic sight is prohibited. For birds, a shotgun 22 is advised. Automatic guns are prohibited."

I will take my 7 mm 300 Magnum and 456, and maybe a shotgun 22.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13642 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote