Find
Notify
Tools

Another Zambian Gem
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
A mate of mine Mike Taylor started an ambitious project a few years back and resuscitated a beautiful peninsular on the Kafue river creating the most scenic of hunting reserves. It is a private watery destination and can boast expansive river front, lakes and marshes which makes it an ideal habitat for some of our most desirable antelope not to mention some oversized crocs.

Mike reintroduced animals to bolster the stocks of indigenous species and has recreated a thriving ecosystem and infrastructure which is decorated by a proper lodge and first class accommodation.

There is a partial fence which segregates the nearby community from the wilderness area other wise the majority bounders the pristine Kafue river. The hunting is conducted in the traditional style of walk and stalk or use of boat to gain access the remoter corners. Tsetse has been eradicated from the area.

Large Sable bulls in the mid 40s are the main quarry here. Eland, Defassa Waterbuck, Kafue Lechwe, Puku, Bushbuck, Zebra, Blue Duiker and lesser game occur in good numbers.

Whilst the Government concessions are in decline the private/communal lands such as Royal Kafue, Takeri and Munyamadzi in the Luangwa offer premium hunting in some of the most desirable locations in Africa.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to see.. How big is this area and where is it in relation to your area?

Posts: 1924 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
So nice to see someone is making a success of a private hunting area.

I wish him all the best.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:

The peninsula being the main hunting area is some 8,000 acres and retains 16 kilometres of river bank a couple of hundred kilometres upstream from me.

Mike's daily rates are some of the most attractive in the country - considering the quality of game and standard of accommodation, catering etc. However his trophy fees are steep and if I can negotiate a better deal I am considering this gem as a group hunt destination. Apparently we need to negotiate that over a crate of beer.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another example of private enterprise doing what govt. can't or won't do.
Stories such as this warm my heart.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

The peninsula being the main hunting area is some 8,000 acres and retains 16 kilometres of river bank a couple of hundred kilometres upstream from me.

Mike's daily rates are some of the most attractive in the country - considering the quality of game and standard of accommodation, catering etc. However his trophy fees are steep and if I can negotiate a better deal I am considering this gem as a group hunt destination. Apparently we need to negotiate that over a crate of beer.

Thanks Andrew BTW how did your season end up in Royal Kafue? I read the one outstanding report posted here on AR..any others?

Posts: 1924 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Andrew for an update on a really cool project. Wow, can't believe ALL those huge Sable Bulls.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
cool project Andrew. I know Mike is a 9.3 x 74R man. Has to be a good guy then... Wink

How much movement of Game occurs across the river ? Looks like a beautiful area.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news, heart warming, have a real soft spot for Zambia, so much potential and such special people

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jan Dumon:
cool project Andrew. I know Mike is a 9.3 x 74R man. Has to be a good guy then... Wink

How much movement of Game occurs across the river ? Looks like a beautiful area.

Not much but I am advising Mike on possibly to embrace some communal lands in the near vicinity.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Thanks Andrew BTW how did your season end up in Royal Kafue? I read the one outstanding report posted here on AR..any others?

Safari2,

The hunting has been excellent and hopefully there will be a few more reports coming this way.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WIN - WIN - WIN for wildlife - hunters - community. The model for the future...I hope. Congrats. AIU

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Sod of a bull walking away in that last picture. All the luck in the world on the new venture.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Sable

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Sod of a bull walking away in that last picture. All the luck in the world on the new venture.

Sable in the mid forties, bit like yourself, are a possibility,

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow Andrew this is good news, please keep us posted on prices and more details I might have some clients interested. I just want to make sure I understand all of this so the hunting area is 8000 acres fenced on one side and river on the other side, or is there more than 8000 to hunt on? Or is it ore like a island? Looks like allot of fun! and there should be some great fishing!!

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just want to make sure I understand all of this so the hunting area is 8000 acres fenced on one side and river on the other side, or is there more than 8000 to hunt on

Not much elbow room on 8,000 acres. Cool

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by INTREPID SAFARIS:
Wow Andrew this is good news, please keep us posted on prices and more details I might have some clients interested. I just want to make sure I understand all of this so the hunting area is 8000 acres fenced on one side and river on the other side, or is there more than 8000 to hunt on? Or is it ore like a island? Looks like allot of fun! and there should be some great fishing!!

More like an island. Whilst there is some game across the river this would be outside their boundary. The river now is only a couple of feet deep in places. Compared to other areas the reserve is considered small (as is their quota) but ample room for some good old fashioned hunting. The terrain is marsh, thicket and miombo woodland. Indeed the fishing is good.

I have had to turn down lots of enquiries from hunters who want to bring out their families and wives as my operation on the Kafue is a bit rough and ready for that style of hunting/vacation. Many of us don't like to be rattled in the the back of a hot fly ridden truck for days on end and this sort of destination is a refreshing alternative.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:
I just want to make sure I understand all of this so the hunting area is 8000 acres fenced on one side and river on the other side, or is there more than 8000 to hunt on

Not much elbow room on 8,000 acres. Cool

I hear you. I have hunted a big wily bushbuck in a 2 hectare thicket behind camp and over two years do you think anyone can put a bullet in him?

Mate as you know Sable are renowned for standing their ground and not particularly hard to hunt where ever they occur.

There is another fine operation here that will only allow you to hunt their selected bulls but as I disagree with that practise I will not hunt there or recommend them.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fujotupo,
It beats the sweltering heat and traffic of Dar es Salaam, anyday and twice on sundaysWink

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I might be having a blonde moment so sorry if I missed it but is there any buff there Andrew?

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spot on...
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
Another example of private enterprise doing what govt. can't or won't do.
Stories such as this warm my heart.

Eardley Rudman

Posts: 47 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote