THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Longstanding members..anyone remember
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Longstanding members..anyone remember
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

But I did get my way

So..........does that make you any less ludicrous? Again, if you are so personally offended by them and don't agree with the actions of the owner or his agents, then why not leave and start your own site with no rules and no oversight? You are fond of saying people don't answer your questions, answer this one.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pages: 1
Karl
one of us

Reged: 06/03/00
Loc: Brisbane, Australia The longstanding members- anyone remember....
#573393 - 02/19/04 05:44 AM Edit Reply Quote

Saeed and the old crew, remember when we used to have nuts post on- even the worst psychos, or just smart asses like these 45-70 guys,- a good argument would put them in their place one way or the other.

This is how it used to unfold.
You'd have them launch on with their crap. A true expert would give them a blood nose. There'd be a clap from a few other members. One of the heavyweights like Atkinson would come in at 3/4 time to put his post forward and that would pretty much wrap it up.
Either convert the idiot, or send the troll packing.

Everyone must have noticed this simply doesn't work anymore.
People are just too.. smart ass now?

Is this an internet forum evolvement or just the new millenium society?

Karl.

Post Extras:

retreever
one of us

Reged: 04/17/03
Loc: Wyoming, Pa. USA Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: Karl]
#573406 - 02/19/04 06:01 AM Edit Reply Quote

Karl,

They get under my craw and many others but I think the best is to just ignore them and any posts created..Do like the Amish... SHUN THEM...They do not exist..

Mike

Post Extras:

Dave James
one of us

Reged: 08/12/02
Loc: Tidewater,Virginia Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: retreever]
#573473 - 02/19/04 06:54 AM Edit Reply Quote

Is it just me, or did we get all them after the Marlin board shut down?

--------------------
Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Post Extras:

Balla Balla
one of us

Reged: 02/27/01
Loc: S. Africa - Zambia New Zealand Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: Karl]
#573475 - 02/19/04 06:57 AM Edit Reply Quote

Karl

I guess there are now more nuts around than bolts, so the spare nuts are looking around for something to keep their small minds occupied, and what better place than the most popular hunting and outdoor forum on the net to exploit their wares.

Like it or not we will just have to bite the bullet & live with the niggles as it is a free speech forum, but you know something, they eventually either get found out or just fade away into the sunset

Good observation you made anyhow

Peter

Post Extras:

DB Bill
one of us

Reged: 05/22/02
Loc: Sunny Southern California Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: Karl]
#573501 - 02/19/04 07:20 AM Edit Reply Quote

Personally I think Ray is slipping a little....he actually seems mellow sometimes .... and .... if you all remember we used to have Latigo around in the "good old days" .

--------------------
DB Bill aka Bill George

Post Extras:

Montana
one of us

Reged: 10/03/00
Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: DB Bill]
#573508 - 02/19/04 07:29 AM Edit Reply Quote

Just put them on "ignore user" what a great feature. They will go away they are just insecure creatures that need to believe that going at it on the net somehow gives their life purpose.

Wayne

Post Extras:

Karl
one of us

Loc: Brisbane, Australia Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: Montana]
#573531 - 02/19/04 07:46 AM Edit Reply Quote

The arrival of the ignore function itself is part of my observation.

Karl.

Post Extras:

Don_G

Reged: 02/12/04
Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: Karl]
#573665 - 02/19/04 09:15 AM Edit Reply Quote

Karl,

I've been gone a while, and just came back on line so I see what you mean. The number of scurrilous, ignorant and downright rude posts are MUCH higher than they were a year ago.

I think everyone has forgotten that we are in Saeed's living room as honored guests. He treats us that way, and we need to treat each other that way.

It seems that there are not as many gentlemen as there once was - or maybe just a higher percentage of boors.

Don

Post Extras:

Toby Hutcheson
one of us

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: Alabama, USA Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: Don_G]
#573732 - 02/19/04 10:15 AM Edit Reply Quote

Perhaps the rude posts stem from Saeed's America bashing over at the political forums.....

--------------------
Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money

http://www.hunt101.com/img/049949.jpg

Post Extras:

Mike375
one of us

Loc: Sydney, Australia Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: Karl]
#573735 - 02/19/04 10:21 AM Edit Reply Quote

Karl,

I don't remember Ray being on AR when it use to be the old software where all threads were mixed together. I think he at HuntAmerica.

I wonder what happened to that bloke Rune from Norway or Sweden and he had the 585 Nytati done.

Mike

Post Extras:

Don_G

Reged: 02/12/04
Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: Toby Hutcheson]
#573736 - 02/19/04 10:22 AM Edit Reply Quote

I don't see anyone claiming that as their justification.

I've never seen Saeed bash anyone - even total berserkers like Cody/Latigo/whoever.

I tend to listen to my Daddy's advice about never talking politics or religion. Everybody but me is off center about one or the other, unless they sit in my pew at church!

Don

Post Extras:

Mike375
one of us

Loc: Sydney, Australia Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: Toby Hutcheson]
#573741 - 02/19/04 10:25 AM Edit Reply Quote

Toby,

I don't see where Saeed bashes America. What he does do is bash Bush and Company as I also do.

But prior to Bush when we bashed Clinton we were seen as partriots, almost American citizens

In my view, most of the Americans on the Political forum are very anti American as in reality they want a one party gov't. They also greatly favour gov't intervention, as long as it is Republican gov't.

Mike

Post Extras:

Dago Red
one of us

Reged: 03/21/03
Loc: Fresno, CA Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: Toby Hutcheson]
#573743 - 02/19/04 10:27 AM Edit Reply Quote

Then they should stay in the political forums. I haven't gone over there in a long time, and seeing that they had run off their audience the f*#&heads have started going after our other forums.

But now that I have that ignore thing down it matters much less. I must have 7 people on that list alredy, and think nothing of adding people. :-)

Red

Post Extras:

Karl
one of us

Loc: Brisbane, Australia Re: The longstanding members- anyone remember.... [Re: Don_G]
#573816 - 02/19/04 01:10 PM Edit Reply Quote

Don,
When did we start moving threads around?

I placed this on the African forum to get the coverage where most of the old members(my old friends included) would see it.

Karl.

Posts: 3532 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Don,

When did we start moving threads around?

I placed this on the African forum to get the coverage where most of the old members(my old friends included) would see it.

Karl.

Is something I have posted more antagonistic than the 45-70 threads below, or somehow less relevant than 'Morties' posts?

Or the recent 'new software' related threads, and the 'AR is dying thread' on this very page?

Karl.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Karl,

I have mpved that thread to the TRASH BIN - aka the Political Forum. That is a more suitable place for it rather than this forum.

You can go there and enjoy reading all the answers you have got.

Posts: 66998 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl,

AR is no longer what it use to be. It is now censorship, thread moving etc...all of which was the polar opposite to what Saeed was about and what Saeed use to say.

As I posted a few weeks or more ago, AR is getting the HuntAmerica feel of a couple of years ago.

Must be some outside influence occurring

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I see the two cry babies are complaining again because they did not get their way.

You two might wish to give it a rest, behaving in such childish manners is becoming rather sillier and sillier every day.

Posts: 66998 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed...... To those who are complaining: Stop! Its downright unmanly - if you don't like the board anymore - Leave....

Posts: 258 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Your quick responses to this sort of stuff illustrates your sensitivity.

You were never like this before. You never moved threads before.

What has changed.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mike,
My only question is where will you go after this forum?
Perhaps you could create trashswamp.com, or maybe rulesdontapplytome.org ? Or my favorite for you is squeekywheelgetsthegrease.net or everyonehastoobeytherulesbutme.gov
Just a thought!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

You chime onto these sort of threads like clockwork In fact as Karl well knows these sort of threads are not worth running if the people like you are not around.

But why do think I am going anywhere. I have been here since just after it started. As I remember your main home was HuntAmerica and then you moved to here. In fact it is interesting that so many of the Swamp loyalists like GeorgeS all turned against him.

Do think Saeed should not be questioned about the directions of the forum? He appears to have changed the rules but still claims there is no interference in threads as to content or what forum they are posted.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, if you are so personally offended by them and don't agree with the actions of the owner or his agents,

But I am not offended it is they who get offended.

why not leave and start your own site with no rules and no oversight?

I could not very well challenge authority if I was the authority...in short this site is more fun and requires no effort on my part. To start my own site would be less fun and take more effort.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Eric,

What you have stated is basically correct.

People have been visiting these forums to visit with like minded hunters from all over the world. To learn and exchange information about hunting, shooting, guns and anything related to our sport.

We welcome any hunter or shooter from any part of the world to visit and participate in the discussions that are found here.

We don't ban or censor anyone. We like to think that we dealing with adults who will behave in a manner one likes to call gentlemanly.

Ultimately, I make the decision of how I run this site. Mike does not like that. He wants to be able to tell me who to appoint as Moderator for instance. If I set up a member who has kindly agreed to help with running the site as a Moderator, and Mike does not like the person, then, like a little child who is not getting his way, he has to try some of his other tricks, not to just annoy me, but to annoy as many members as he can.

I did not even know this thread is here, until a few of our members sent me PMs about it.

This thread is a perfect example.

I moved the thread to the Political Forum, and guess what, Karl and Mike do not like that, so they have to bring it back here.

I have always been open to helpful suggestions, and will remain so as long as I run this site. What I do take exception to is Mike's behaviour. He wants to dictate to me how to run the site.

The part I do not like is Mike's "do what I say or else"

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yes , Mike. timing is everything! I just love the humor of your rants.

I was just speculating on what might be your actions now that you have attained a level of dissatisfaction with the rules of this forum. As I remember you were once a happy camper at HA? You became disenchanted with Swamp and left.

Now spending time trashing him and HA.

You came here, content in your surroundings.

Now, you are upset again, with the owner and a moderator of this forum. So one could extrapolate that you will stomp off somewhere else ranting about the terrible, unfair treatment you have recieved, again. All the while disregarding the problems and mess that you created for our host Saeed! You label people as "antis" for no good reason.

Now I know that is a trivial matter to you. A disregard for your own actions is a mike375 trait.

As far as me, I don't think I have turned against Swamp.

As a matter of fact I have always been treated with respect by Marshall. I have no reason to trash him. I leave that to you!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Montana
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Does this software have the ability to show the member/trolls how many different people have them on the ignore list. Something like you are being ignored by 1565 other members of this site. Maybe then they would get a clue about how stupid and irelevant they are.

Wayne

Posts: 571 | Location: Central, NC | Registered: 03 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,.

Let's be factual

As you well know I had a fall out with Swamp over the Remington/Barber issue but then things moved along. I left HA over the donations and for the simple reason that I do not agree with a business seeking donations from its customers...but at the same time since others did donate my feelings were that I was not entitled to use that site since I would not donate. 99.9% of my blasting Swamp was while I was at HA, not after I left HA.

By the way, I did not mention your name as a former Swamp loyalist.

I am not upset with Saeed. In fact on the thread he moved to Political I have defended him against Toby's rants that he is anti American. I just take the issues as I see them.

As to George my view was that he was the wrong type of person to run Big Bores because of his strong desire to have things all orderly and neat but with his position of forum leader totally compromised because he has no edit/delete/ban power on that forum. My prediction was right as he turned Big Bores into the AR troll centre. You can say that myself and some others were wrong to take him to task over his actions but as forum leader his job is to make the forum run smoothly and he would have been well aware of what some of the people on that forum were like.

By the way I am glad you get some entertainment from my postings because after all that is what these discussion forums are all about....entertainment

Mike

posted Hide Post
Quote:

Rusty,.

Let's be factual

<SNIP>
As to George my view was that he was the wrong type of person to run Big Bores because of his strong desire to have things all orderly and neat but with his position of forum leader totally compromised because he has no edit/delete/ban power on that forum. My prediction was right as he turned Big Bores into the AR troll centre. You can say that myself and some others were wrong to take him to task over his actions but as forum leader his job is to make the forum run smoothly and he would have been well aware of what some of the people on that forum were like.

By the way I am glad you get some entertainment from my postings because after all that is what these discussion forums are all about....entertainment

Mike

Yes, Mike, let's be factual. Your 'fellow traveler' ScottS was taken to task by myself and other forum Members for once again pirating photos of guns from web sites and claiming them as his own. I would have done this regardless of whether I was Moderator (and have had MANY battles with ScottS' alter egos).

When I named ScottS as a troll (along with his other names), YOU decided to wage a campaign to disrupt the forum, and gave succor to ScottS' efforts.

Then, you complained how the forum was overrun with trolls, and troll-related threads. You injected yourself into nearly every thread merely to divert the discussion.

And except for the Humor forum, the threads here are for exchange of information, not the amusement of assholes like you.

The fact is you are a malcontent. You are the kind of guy who wants everything HIS way, and when he doesn't get his way, he tries to ruin things for everyone else.

The fact that I prefer some decorum and orderliness to chaos for chaos' sake is hardly a character flaw.

You're a petty little man, and of no real use to anyone.

Ciao, asshole.
George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George,

The thread you made of a troll listing was flawed, unless of course you like the trolls. Apart from the fact that your listing was out of date you basically challenged all trolls and doubly so by making the thread one that was stuck at the top.

In addition your fellow troll hunters just can't resist posting to ScottS and his/her multi identities or they just can't help themselves by starting threads about trolls etc.

The facts are your fellow troll lover, Robgunbuilder started his own threads about trolls. But he is only a member, whereas you are forum leader and endorsed and promoted the troll hunting. You elected to start a forum war and made that very clear with your signature line.

Under your watch the HA Africa forum went from one of HA's most active forums to one that is dead. Same thing is happening since your watch at AR Big Bores.

Mike

posted Hide Post
HA has a lot of issues, mainly with the owner of the site; traffic was tailing off after the huge fiasco with the fundraising drive. Besides, if you look at all other African forums, none has the traffic of this one.

I don't give a fuck what you think about anything, let alone believe that you ever had the best interests of the Big Bore (or any) forum at heart. The trolls heard your clarion call to attack the forum; and blaming those who find their conduct reprehensible have nothing to be ashamed of.

You don't even like the 'ignore' feature, which allows someone to simply avoid tripe like yours. Why? It doesn't hamper your ability to post, merely to be read. Do you really think your 'right to speak' supersedes another's right not to hear?

Face it, Mike, you don't like the way any forum site is run (I see you are already pissing and moaning on NitroX' site and you've only been there a few hours), yet you won't create your own site. Why is that?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HA has a lot of issues, mainly with the owner of the site; traffic was tailing off after the huge fiasco with the fundraising drive. Besides, if you look at all other African forums, none has the traffic of this one.

A poor leader always blames things on other issues.

I don't give a fuck what you think about anything,

Your psotings indicate just the opposite.

You don't even like the 'ignore' feature, which allows someone to simply avoid tripe like yours. Why? It doesn't hamper your ability to post, merely to be read. Do you really think your 'right to speak' supersedes another's right not to hear?

The IGNORE feature was and isa fun thing because people who say they use it in most cases are not using it. However, as I suggeste to some on Big Bores it a maybe a technical problem that allows people to still read postings when the IGNORE feature is active

"Face it, Mike, you don't like the way any forum site is run (I see you are already pissing and moaning on NitroX' site and you've only been there a few hours), yet you won't create your own site. Why is that?"

Would you care to point out which of the few postings I have made on NitroExprex.com amount to pissing and moaning. Of the few postings I have made there all have been totally guns/ammo related except for my first posting. George, you continue to have a problem dealing with facts and that is why you continue to blame others. With your troll wars on Big Bores I tried to point out to you in a very civil manner (go and check the thread)that your actions would prove to be counter productive. Blaming me for the troll wars is again another case of you blaming others.

Once more, the signature line you chose to use was a clear cut case of "the forum leader endorses and promotes personal attacks on the forum"

Mike

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Hey George, Rusty and Saeed,
One of my customers has a sign on his wall in the Inspection Dept. It reads" Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while you realize the pig likes it" Kind of fits this thread!
Where was that ignore button again?

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George,

My postings at NitroExpress

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Mike375&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts

Please point out all the pissing and moaning postings.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
There is no problem IMHO with what Saeed or the moderators are doing by transfering some threads over to the Political Free 4 All or whatever forum they deem fit ... remember one thing, if we have freedom of speech to open slather and at times to become protaginistic & flood a specific topic with crap, then the owner operators of the forums also have freedon to do what they deem fit as well ... just by moving a thread does not curtail freedom of speech it onlt transfers the subject to a more fitting area of discussion.

The whole idea of each [ topic heading ] is to promote lively debate and provide information which generally pertains to the topic heading, BUT not to overtly or covertly glue up the wheels ...

Of cource there are some threads that dont abuse BUT amuse, like dear old Mortie, that to me is vastly different from abuse, again the moderators or Saeed have the sole right to do what they feel is best for most of the guests, not what we individually feel is best for a select few ... we all have two feet hopefully, so we are free to vote with our feet and bugger of somewhere else if we choose ... we wont please em all but we sure will make most happy

keep taking the tablets and hang as there is more to life than complaining about where out postings end up ...

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George, tell like it is.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
George, Blacktailer, well said !

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

" Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while you realize the pig likes it"

With your kind permission I am going to borrow that quotation.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

I don't know what we troll types will ever do if you left this site. Although we would still have good old George to keep the threads going and holding them at the top.

I know it might be hard but you should try and exercise some self discipline and stop keeping these threads alive.

Kindest Regards,

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
" Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while you realize the pig likes it"

One day the troll hunters will learn that fact

My two favourite posters are:

1) The poster who claims loudly to be against off topic and troll type threads but just can't stop posting to such threads.

2) And my all time favourite is the poster who starts a thread about an offending thread

Actually we should be getting close to the point where Rusty does one of his "Yawn" postings. Although he will probably wait until this thread is heading to the bottom of the page and that way he can bring it back to the top

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike375:

I really don't understand your position. If you don't like the way this site is run, the answer is obvious, leave and find one you do like, or put up the money and start your own. Otherwise, you are just whining and acting exactly like a spoiled child who isn't getting his way. You're better than that. I think.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo,

But I did get my way Those who are well known for hating off topic threads have appeared repeatedly on this thread and the site owner Mr Saeed has appeared a few times as well.

But one thing baffles me about this site and this is a technical matter. George has me on IGNORE mode but can still read what I am posting so there is obviously a technical hickup with the software I think Rusty also said he had me on IGNORE mode but he can read my postings.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
The ignore mode allows manual override so the stupidest link in the chain is never eliminated.

Saeed,

my first thread had nothing abusive in it.(read it!) It was a serious post that got mature replies.

Balla Balla will support this since he made one of them and complimented me on a good observation no less.

Whilst I am an asshole some might say, I have put in more time than most defending the site from lying, unfairness and trolls in 6 years.

My aim with the original thread was to get the new guys, like the 45-70 guys to have a good look at themselves.

And I think it was working since we at least an apology or explanation out of one of them.

Yet that thread has been binned, and this one allowed to continue so the admin can duke it out with old rivals.

That is a very very poor case for moderation you must admit.

You have a bad day and kiss goodbye 19 normal replies with out even looking at the content.

Karl.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Blacktailer- You hit that one out of the park!

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only positive aspect of this thread is that it make the 45-70 threads look good.
If you don't like the way the forum is run - vote with your mouse and don't visit it.
Better yet, set up your own and run it the way you want to.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Rusty,.
Let's be factual

I am not upset with Saeed. In fact on the thread he moved to Political I have defended him against Toby's rants that he is anti American. I just take the issues as I see them.
Mike

The above is the problem, you take issue with everything! Son, if you can't get along with anyone, then the place to look is in the merror! Let me say, it will do you no good to respond, because I have no intention of feeding your enormous ego, by ligitamizing anything you have to say! Come to think about it, you don't even need a mirror, just look into your washing machine, and what you will see is yourself, an aggitator! BYE!

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The only positive aspect of this thread is that it make the 45-70 threads look good.

If you don't like the way the forum is run - vote with your mouse and don't visit it.

If you don't like the way a Thread is run, vote with your mouse and don't visit it.

Pretty simple isn't it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
We got Rusty, GeorgeS and now Mac has arrived and he's calling people 'son'. I've missed the old days!!

You ladies sure still like having your skirts ruffled.
I swear you line the streets once you know Mike is in the neighbourhood

Seriously, stop the squabbling for a minute and listen if you would.

The original thread was a good thread. I had compliments from Balla Balla when he replied.DonG the adminstrator was even on the thread making positive comments.
But Saeed binned it right in the middle of the discussion and then lets this thread which is lifting skirts all over the place, run rampant in its place.

That still has me stumped.

Karl.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl,

Look at this from Mac37

Let me say, it will do you no good to respond, because I have no intention of feeding your enormous ego, by ligitamizing anything you have to say!

He posted on the thread to say he would not respond

I think George and Rusty might now be cured of building up this type of thread. However, old Mac37 might be a harder case to cure. Once you start posting to say you will not post then I think you have become a trolloholic

Mike

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The original thread was a good thread. I had compliments from Balla Balla when he replied.DonG the adminstrator was even on the thread making positive comments.

Karl.

Sorry Karl, I'm the Don_G that replied early on. I used to be a moderator in the old days, but have been away. I'm a different guy than the administrator DRG, even though those are my initials, too. Lots of room for confusion. My old name "Don G" had a space in it, and so is illegal in the new system. Maybe I need a new handle?

Don_G

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don_G

If you see the photo that Don Greenbaum had of himself on his profile he does look similar to you in those African hunt photos of your trip to Africa.

I must admit I confused the two of you and John S pointed this out to me. I thought Don Greenbaum had done the African hunt...but none of his postings suggested an interest in guns. Whereas as you were the Don G (I think?) where we discussed converting Model 70s in 300 Winchester being converted to longer calibres like 375 H&H.....and probably on Shooters.com

All too hard

New handle required

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
My apologies to both Dons. Actually Don G I thought you sounded a bit different these days. That probably explains it.

As to my confusion at the removal of my original thread,the content of the thread was not under question.

Saeed has claimed on the political forum it was 'all a set up', to see if I would respond to it being removed.

Karl.

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Actually, I hope I am on at least ONE members "Ignore" list...

I would wear it as a badge of honour.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote