THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    American to stop shipping trophy shipments.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American to stop shipping trophy shipments.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just heard on CNBC. Have not found formal verification.

Ski+3

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If so, I will not fly American.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Eventually we are going to have to find trains to go to Agrica if we boycott all the air carriers who refuse trophies.

I have an inkling that more than a few of the higher-ups at the airlines have hunted Africa. Wonder who they are?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:
If so, I will not fly American.

You will be travelling boat next then.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Every time some sort of obstruction or inconvenience is thrown up for international hunters some quit traveling. Everyone has a BS tolerance level and when it is reached they say to hell with it.

I have several friends who have already quit flying because they are fed up with the security and hassle with firearms. If they can't drive to it they won't go.

While there are some who have hunted Africa enough that they do not care about bringing trophies home and are content to just go there and hunt and kill game.......... most want to bring their trophies home. When it gets to the point where that becomes iffy, a big chunk of the market base will drop Africa.

I wonder how long it is going to take these companies who have banned the big 5 to start expanding the list to include animals from other continents? The potential for abuse is enormous.

Lets hope the anti's don't gain any traction with regular shipping companies. You can bet they are already working on that angle.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
Every time some sort of obstruction or inconvenience is thrown up for international hunters some quit traveling. Everyone has a BS tolerance level and when it is reached they say to hell with it.

I have several friends who have already quit flying because they are fed up with the security and hassle with firearms. If they can't drive to it they won't go.

That's exactly the point of the anti hunters and ant gun crowd. Make it inconvenient or expensive so a certain percentage drop out. Eventually the numbers tip enough in their favor that they can push for an outright ban.

Lead free ammunition isn't about saving the environment, it's about increasing the cost of ammo and limiting availability. Same with banning on-line ammo sales that keep costs down.

I bet they push for additional permits for sport hunting or importing ANY trophy obtained abroad. Again, increase the hassle and the cost and a percentage of people will drop out.

Posts: 521 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 300# crate from Argentina is sitting with American right now in Miami, awaiting CBP clearance. There's a buffalo in the shipment - I hope they know the difference between Asiatic and Cape!

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gsganzer:
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:

That's exactly the point of the anti hunters and ant gun crowd. Make it inconvenient or expensive so a certain percentage drop out. Eventually the numbers tip enough in their favor that they can push for an outright ban.

Lead free ammunition isn't about saving the environment, it's about increasing the cost of ammo and limiting availability. Same with banning on-line ammo sales that keep costs down.

I bet they push for additional permits for sport hunting or importing ANY trophy obtained abroad. Again, increase the hassle and the cost and a percentage of people will drop out.

Yes........ death by a thousand cuts.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote