THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Best New Product Viewed At USA Show's

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best New Product Viewed At USA Show's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Dear Guy's
Living down under we miss seeing a lot of new products.

1. What is the best new item seen at the US show's?

2. What was the best African outfitters stand to the show?

Regards Mark

Posts: 376 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the raffle babe's Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:

Were they new or used? Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:

Were they new or used? Smiler

All the ones I've seen were used...
... but they looked brand new !

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
ghostbird - would that be brand new or brand spanking new dancing

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

Now this thread is getting toooooo interesting

lol

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I bought a pair of I-Kam sunglasses which I think are just the best item I have ever bought!! Shooting Glasses with a 4gb capacity and a hidden camera on them

One more day to go and I think there is still some stuff I haven't seen yet

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:
I bought a pair of I-Kam sunglasses which I think are just the best item I have ever bought!! Shooting Glasses with a 4gb capacity and a hidden camera on them

K

Finally!! A useful gadget for Walter, unless of course he destroys it!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they would be new to me Big Grin first time and all rotflmo

NO NO Ivan you can not spank the raffle babe's no matter how much you want to rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I was thinking shortlyagter I posted that Walter would be the perfect candidate for a pair of these!!

After all, he does have the onerous task of keeping an eye on saeed and all his antics not to mention a healthy dose of the
"James Bond" about him.

I'm mentioning no names here but when I turned up at the girraffe bar yesterday with these the AR members showed a healthy dose of imagination for alternative uses. Personally I bought them only to keep an eye on Ivan next year on our elephant hunt to make sure he does it right...Wink

K

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Hey Will and ddrhook check the link out, then tell us about used/new thoughts. Big Grin Big Grin

http://i691.photobucket.com/al.../mrtnlamarre/bmw.jpg
jumping

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow nice babe I would love to wake up next to a woman like her some day. you would not be able to slap the smile off my face jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fallow Buck - I saw those on my Wednesday quick walk about, but never got back to really check them out. Do you have a web site for them or contact number? Appreciate the help, thanks.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:

K

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi Larry

Sorry I missed you over there, the days seemed to fly by and I thought I might catch you at the AR meetings but I think i was late to both.

I saw the I-kams for sale at cabellas on the way back so you should be able to get them on the internet.

I've looked at a couple of reviews and by all accounts they take some decent pictures for what they are. I'm going to test them on some pigeon shooting next week when we mow a few acres of maize on the shoot.

Kiri

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kiri - Thanks for the heads up and I'll check with Cabela's. Would be interested in your thoughts after putting them to use if you will.

I missed the Giraffe bar meet, as was tied up talking to an outfitter. Sorry we couldn't meet up. Maybe next time?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Hi Larry

Sorry I missed you over there, the days seemed to fly by and I thought I might catch you at the AR meetings but I think i was late to both.

I saw the I-kams for sale at cabellas on the way back so you should be able to get them on the internet.

I've looked at a couple of reviews and by all accounts they take some decent pictures for what they are. I'm going to test them on some pigeon shooting next week when we mow a few acres of maize on the shoot.

Kiri

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Kiri...

You will have to let me know if they work well enough for us to chuck all our HD cameras and fire our cameramen- like you suggested in Reno Big Grin

Sent you a follow up email this morning...hope all is well...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivan carter:
ghostbird - would that be brand new or brand spanking new dancing

That Sir is absolutely funny! Well done.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
Kiri...

You will have to let me know if they work well enough for us to chuck all our HD cameras and fire our cameramen- like you suggested in Reno Big Grin

Sent you a follow up email this morning...hope all is well...

Tim, I'm already concerned about the company you were keeping out there!!

I'm going to go and find something to shoot this week so that I can test them out a bit.

K

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Now I know exactly how ugly I am! The raffle babes never even asked me to purchase tickets at DSC!

Or, maybe it was the canvas briefcase I was carrying to put brochures in?

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A fellow was marketing a shield to be used as a stalking device. It was a mirror, looked to be made of Mylar, and reflected the terrain. It had an elliptical hole in it for viewing. The size was about two feet by four feet, and folded in the middle for transport. It weighed about 6 pounds and had a stand so one could set it down.
The videos showing hunters stalking up on game wer very impressive. He wanted about $250US, which I thought a bit high.
Similar devices ahve been used for centuries. I have read of PH's attaching grass to shooting sticks, and also using large umbrellas.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote