THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Is This The Wordl's Most Expensive Safari?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is This The Wordl's Most Expensive Safari?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A well knowm member of AR is currently on a safari. He is on his last day, and told me he had to pay $700,000 for this priviledge!

I have some photos of his trip, and will post them later on.

All comments are welcome clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
You are not serious-

Are you?

If true, he must have taken 3 of everything and had some great entertainment in camp at night....

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it's someone who can pull this off as frequent as most people go on hunting trips or safaris and has earned his money then I congradulate him.If it's a crazy stunt then I feel sorry for him.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which country did he buy?

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 2 day Scrub Hare Safari, $700,000 ZIM dollars?

Count experiences, not possessions.

Posts: 132 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
A $650 000.00 custom Holland and Holland double and the rest for the safari in Tanznia ???

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
If it's someone who can pull this off as frequent as most people go on hunting trips or safaris and has earned his money then I congradulate him.If it's a crazy stunt then I feel sorry for him.

It is his first, and he said he is looking forward to many more?

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
With the new trophy fees in Tanzania, I'm looking for a couple of extra grand for the animals on my 7 day license. Maybe I could check out the guy's pockets when he hangs up his britches at night. My ex-wife used to do pretty well that way.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The most expensive safari I have ever known was a good friend's of mine.

He wanted to take wife on Safari. She told him she would go if she could get some knew tits. He granted her wish. She went with. He went crazy shooting about 3 times as many animals as he thought he would. She got mad. A jeweler just happened to visit the camp, friend of the outfitter. My friend buys a 3 karat diamond ring from him without even seeing the goods to get the Mrs. settled down. Jewler delivered the ring the next morning. All went well the rest of the trip. Two weeks after coming home, Wife tells my friend she is pregnant. He is still paying to this day and she left him with the kid last year.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:

It is his first, and he said he is looking forward to many more?
So am I in my dreams. Also a big yacht.If he is making enough money to go on million dollar vacations then I would like to know what business he is in.so I can see where the money is.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
To tell the truth, I think this guy got suckered or he is being flown evey day back to the Sea Cliff suite and then back every morning..
But I also look at it this way, it is his money to spend...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the honor of the world's most expensive safari is still the famous 1909 Safari of US President Teddy Roosevelt. IIRC that was a 1 year long safari costing a cool $1 million USD. Over 500 animals taken and several hundred collected for zoos.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It's certainly possible and I know it has happened before, and I mean in recent years, not in 1909-10. It's just a matter of daily rates, trophy fees and duration.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally from Retreever--"To tell the truth, I think this guy got suckered or he is bing flown evey day back to the Sea Cliff suite and then back every morning..
But I also look at it this way, it is his money to spend...

Mike"

Geez Mike, i'd think he'd be getting sucked and blown more than once a day for that price.

oops, my bad, you said suckered and flown. Sorry. Wink

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buliwyf:
I think the honor of the world's most expensive safari is still the famous 1909 Safari of US President Teddy Roosevelt. IIRC that was a 1 year long safari costing a cool $1 million USD. Over 500 animals taken and several hundred collected for zoos.

This is truer than you think! $1,000,000 US in 1909 would be $15,000,000 US in today's dollars. However, Teddy's safari was likely paid for by the tax payers is the USA. I doubt even one dollar of the cost was beared by Teddy!
coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Originally posted by Buliwyf:

This is truer than you think! $1,000,000 US in 1909 would be $15,000,000 US in today's dollars. However, Teddy's safari was likely paid for by the tax payers is the USA. I doubt even one dollar of the cost was beared by Teddy!
coffee

MacD37, that is incorrect. The Roosevelt safari was paid for entirely with private funds.

TR wrote a column for the Saturday Evening Post for which he was paid enough to cover all costs. He later used those columns and other materials for his book, African Game Trails. The cost of the Roosevelt safari came to approximately $50,000 1909-10 dollars, which as Buliwyf has said would be roughly equal in buying power to somewhat more than $1 million 2007 dollars.

But again, TR's safari lasted for an entire year and involved nearly a dozen hunters and observers. I wonder if anyone could do that for $1 million today?

Sorry for the hijack!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
$700,000 for this priviledge!

That better include all 3 of the girls that live with Hefner as "personal assistants". Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live in the poor section of Pa and I know plenty of people that would be flabergasted at what most posters here have spent on a single safari. I know my wife would. Eeker

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
It sure is nice to dream....

Mike Roll Eyes

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
If he is chasing girls in las Vegas maybe....
Or he ended buying the hunting concession... bewildered

I prefer to think he is doing the one in las Vegas... Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did he rmember to bring adequate tip $$ for such a safari?? Roll Eyes....you surely wouldn't shortchange your PH and trackers...would you?

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

I don't know what Saeed has in mind but $700,000 would be an easy figure to come up with once you started booking a number of 21 day safaris to be allowed shoot multiples of limited quota species. Throw in a black rhino and a white rhino and $700,000 is an easy figure to come up with. People do this type of thing more often than you might think.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to hear the reason for this out of site price! If you hunt with Robin Hurt in Tanzania it will cost you dearly but 700,000 seems unreal. Please let us know as soon as possible.

Posts: 104 | Location: Chile | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is easy to do this. Multiple hunters (family members) in multiple countries hunting high dollar species.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

There were only TWO individuals on this safari clap

They actually think they got a bargain too!?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no problem - just use zim dollars

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Was the hunt in Angola?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickudu:
Was the hunt in Angola?

No, this country is a bit north than that.

One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
Perhaps he managed to buy a Walia Ibex?

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I know is that somewhere out there, there is a PH in such a state of bliss that he is in no danger of rolling out of bed at night....

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
As stated previously, $700,000 in what currency and where?

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is certainly a lot of money in my book, but for two people looking to bag everything they can it certainly isn't unreasonable let alone impossible. One of my clients spent $70,000 for just one animal he wanted!

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike/retreever had it right the first time, he just typed too fast--

the two fellows are being sucked and blown each day! God I wish i was them.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There has to be a catch. Unless you have Bill Gates money there is no way any sane person would spend that kind of money on one hunt. What did he do? Buy out the entire elephant quota of Botswana?
Next time does he need someone to carry his bags?

TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
There is a catch: it's all of us in Saeed's little net of intrigue. The clue appears to be a country north of Angola. Some of you world financiers and travelers need to figure it out for the rest of us.

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nickudu:
Was the hunt in Angola?

No, this country is a bit north than that.
Hummm..."a bit north"... a CAR/Cameroon grand slam perhaps? Or more north yet, say Egypt?

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He didn't say African safari.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
safari: 1890, from Swahili, lit. "journey, expedition," from Arabic, lit. "referring to a journey," from safar "journey."

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this thread was started by a known prankster and further extended by the same, somehow I have the feeling the the hook is on the line waiting for a large bite Smiler

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A well knowm member of AR is currently on a safari. He is on his last day, and told me he had to pay $700,000 for this priviledge!

Was that in Lira?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote