New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunter Magazine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is this magazine still being published? It has been a long time since I received a copy and I did not see them at SCI.
Camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
They were at SCI and I purchase a subscription. Ask Cal Pappas that posts on here. He's a writer for them.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Yes it is. They had a booth at DSC.
I have received my recent issues also.
You might try emailing them to see if your subscription record has become out of date or in error.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks
I will follow up.

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
got an Email addy for them?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Their booth was in the small side room at SCI.

E-MAIL fishunt@zol.co.zw

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
got an Email addy for them?

Rich

Email: Write an email: fishunt@zol.co.zw Attn: Jacque. Ant Williams, the head boss posts here from time-to-time

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Try this one fishunt@zol.co.zw

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Send Ant Williams on AR here a PM. He is good about responding. He was there at SCI with the African Hunter booth located in the east convention area. Yes, they are still publishing the magazine.

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
It's a crappy room they're relagated to. I think if you beg off a year you get pushed to the bottom of the list for booth selection. Good news is the magazine is down from $100 a year to $60.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Send Ant Williams on AR here a PM. He is good about responding. He was there at SCI with the African Hunter booth located in the east convention area. Yes, they are still publishing the magazine.

I bought a back issue to check it out, looks like something worth getting regularly.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
good luck on getting your back issues.i quit subscribing 2 years ago because i only got 2-3 issues a year and there arrival was irregular at best.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were at DSC this year. I stopped by and chatted with them a while. I used to subscribe, but let my subscription lapse when the mailing became a bit sporatic. They convinced me that they were aware of the problem and had corrected it, and I would receive the magazine timely. I gave them my $60 and renewed. Came back later and bought several of the back issues they were selling that I had missed. It is a great magazine. I even had my picture in it once with the lion I shot. Smiler I started to subscribe to their fishing magazine too, I had read it in camp once, and it is good also. I wouldn't mind getting back to Kariba and hooking a big tiger fish! It is a first rate publication.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
While you wait for your copy to arrive in the post, you can read some of their back articles and check out their shot placment guide here:

http://www.shakariconnection.c...hunter-magazine.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
shakari -

I went to the link for shot placement and it's not working.

"No Such Page at shakariconnection.com
You landed here because the page you were looking for does not exist

Go to shakariconnection.com Homepage"

Posts: 159 | Location: Bellevue, NE, USA | Registered: 05 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Luis,

We appear to have a broken link and are busy fixing it, but if you go to www.shakariconnection.com, run your cursor down to African Hunter Magazine and then use the fly out menu and click on shot placement guide there, it'll work for you.

Alternatively, click here: http://www.shakariconnection.c...-shot-placement.html

Thanks for making us aware of the problem and we'll have it fixed asap.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Luis,

It's now working again! Wink

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
good luck on getting your back issues.i quit subscribing 2 years ago because i only got 2-3 issues a year and there arrival was irregular at best.

Great magazine, but I had the same problem, never got the magazine, I quit them several years ago also.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ant got a hold of me, so I will be back on the list.
Cam