Find
Notify
Tools

Where to go?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted
Dreaming and scheming about our next trip to Africa. Buff, possibly leopard and bushbuck are the must do list. What are the pros and cons between Tanzania, Mozambique and Zambia? Budget is a consideration.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My $.02, Mozambique, Coutada 11 with Zambezi Delta Safaris (Haldane brothers). Great buffalo hunting, plenty of opportunity at bushbuck and other plains game. Believe they also have leopard.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaglav:
My $.02, Mozambique, Coutada 11 with Zambezi Delta Safaris (Haldane brothers). Great buffalo hunting, plenty of opportunity at bushbuck and other plains game. Believe they also have leopard.

Yes he runs Leopard with dogs. Last i checked, he was sold out on Leopard for quite a while.

sheephunterab,

When (if) Zambia opens cat hunting, there are some solid cat choices there. It would top my list of countries to look at.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Coutada 10 ,11 or 12 great for buffalo and plainsgame yet hunting in swamp conditions for the buff can be unpleasant sometimes. Simon Rodger's area has great buff hunting and decent leopard. A more enjoyable hunt there. Tz is very big and areas vary tremendously, prices definately higher than Moz. Zambia is mostly shut down except for a couple blocks and private game farms which is unfortunate as they have great buff and leopard. If you haven't hunted Zim the Conservancies in Zimbabwe most probably offer the best value for money on quality buff /leopard combo hunts.

Posts: 229 | Location: Coutada 9 Mozambique | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Not sure if leopard will be open in Zambia this year? Still some great free range hunting for Buff available and monster bushbuck in the private Luangwa blocks.

Thor Kirchner of Munyamadzi just took the Zambia number one Chobe.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haven't hunted Moz or Zambia. I'm kind of stuck on Tanzania. So many places I havent' been yet. It's a bit expensive, but it helps if you don't price shop and compare.

I hunt with people I enjoy hunting with and it costs what it costs.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Zim!