New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small World
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here I am on a cruise ship in San Juan. I was talking to a bar tender and the subject of African Hunting came up. He mentioned that his Grandfather married a woman who has a brother that takes care of guns for a Sheik from Dubai. Of course I asked, "is his name Walter??" . Yep the one in the same. This young man knows both Saeed and Walter. Small world ain't it.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but has he ever met Walter? Eeker

~Ann

Posts: 19564 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Indeed it is a small world!

I have had the pleasure of meeting Walters sister. She visited him a few years ago. She is a wonderful woman.

Walter does not work for me. He works for the police force.

He keeps saying his worst luck occurred the day I met him. We both feel we are in a sort of unwinnable struggle, as each of us is trying his best to keep the other out of trouble.

He is doing a much better job than I am, as I have been relatively "accident-free".

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about him. He seems to walk from one disaster into another! roflmao

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Is the bartender "blessed" with Walter's "gift" for causing disasters? Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please tell Walter not to visit any of my drilling rigs. I have enough disasters to deal with.

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

The funny part about the description that the young man "Chico" gave of Walter was the "bushy white hair and beard". I immediatley knew who he was talking about. He also told me of a nickname Walter is called by. I am going to get him to write it down for me. We can have some fun with it I am sure. By the way, he described Walter to a "T" in other ways alson. Leaving tonight for St. Maarten.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are enjoying the vacation and still getting some quality AR time in as well.
"Chico" would indicate Walter has been much adored by elders thoughout his life.

OOPs, I misread. Chico is the young man you met!
My error. Apparently Walter is adored for reasons not indicated as yet.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fusino
posted Hide Post
Saeed's a sheik? Sorry if this is an ignorant question.

--->Happiness is nothing but health and a poor memory<---Albert Schweitzer
--->All I ever wanted was to be somebody; I guess I should have been more specific<---Lily Tomlin