New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kowas Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I made my first Plains game hunt in South Africa in 2015. Like most of you that have been to Africa, I started thinking about going back almost as soon as we boarded the plane to come home. I initially booked my first African hunt with the intention of scratching my itch to hunt Kudu, but now realize that I am addicted. I'd like to try Namibia for my next go round, and like the first hunt, will concentrate on Kudu, with maybe a Gemsbok, Hartebeeste, and Warthog thrown in. I have looked at many outfits over there, and liked what I saw with Kowas Safaris. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Nice people, I haven't hunted with them but they have been very non-sales like and friendly in our communication.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been there, as have many guys I hunt with. You won't do better than Dani and Ansie's ranch. PM me for more details.

Posts: 20156 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted with them 3 times, 2014,2015,2016. The return hunter rate of over 75% says a whole lot about this first rate outfitter. High quality hunts, and even higher quality people. The Straus family goes above and beyond and you can trust them 100%. If you're looking for massages, facials, etc this isn't your place. If you're looking for great accomodations, food, hunting, etc, this is definitely your place.

Can't say enough good things about them. Our own Terry Blauwkamp here has hunted with them 10 times at least, and he's the one who turned me on to them 3 years ago. Glad he did.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes! They are super. Check out my hunt report below on Father/Son in Namibia.
I doubt you can do better!

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They seem like great folks. If going to Namibia, I would also recommend Jamy Traut. My son and I had a fantastic trip with him last summer.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
First class people, you will do good booking with them.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of danmcqueen
posted Hide Post
Hunted with them 3 years ago and always talk to them at DSC.. they are great, food was very good,
dranks lots of very good S. African red wine, Huts or cabins were very nice , Laundry every day, Just wonderful people, trackers top notch, PH's the best..we took the extra trip after the hunt to Etosia, great trip, best hotels I've ever stayed in !!! Havent been back to Africa yet but would probably go with them again.. Namibia is great ....cheers

Posts: 8 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: 11 June 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Been there 10 times so far... 'nough said.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, they will take ANYBODY! :-)

Posts: 20156 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:

Yes, they will take ANYBODY! :-)

Watch it Biebs.....Joann will put a pop knot on your head you can hitch a bass boat to.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That she could!!! Jo-Jo is toughie!