THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Suggestions for a Husqvarna 9.3x62 project rifle?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for a Husqvarna 9.3x62 project rifle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted
I just aquired a project rifle. It's barrel & action is in very good condition. The current stock is a 2x4! I am getting a new stock from Richards Microfit gun stocks and will glass bed it and float the barrel. What would you do to make it an African Plains Game rifle if it were your rifle? Any other suggestions ? Cross bolts? Power of scope? Open sight improvements? Trigger upgrades? Just fun stuff. There is a huge amount of expertize out there so I hope you can help me with any suggestions you may have.

Thanks in advance for the feedback

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Riodot

I've owned a couple of those Huskys and they are such nice little rifles I personally think a new stock and a low power variable would be all you need.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi! I just did a Husqvarna in the same caliber and it came out nicely (see Medium Bore forum under "Mausers in the morning" for pics). Had a new stock made and my gunsmith looked it over and fitted a Kahles scope in 1-6x42. The trigger is good, the rifle groups better than most so what is there to do?

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might want to post your question on

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=41

There are several Husqvarna collectors that are exceptionally knowledgeable about the 9.3 X 62 in the Husqvarna action. Not only will you get input about the reconditioning of the rifle, you can also get information about reloads and ballistics for that caliber.

If you haven't yet purchased your stock, you might talk to Hansen & Hansen in Southport, CT.
(http://www.hansenguns.com/) (203-259-5424)
They have original Husqvarna stocks that have never been used. Many years ago they bought the remaining stock of Husqvarna while they were on a shopping trip to Sweden. They are a little slow to deal with, but it might be worth the effort to get a stock that is designed for your action.

If things don't work out with Hansen, try Boyd's Stocks in Mitchel, SD. They make Mauser stocks that should fit perfectly.

Althought I don't have a 9.3 X 62, I have several Husqvarna. They are absolutely wonderful rifles.

Good luck with your project,

SD Shooter

Posts: 188 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boha
posted Hide Post
I suggest you go Plain Jane Plains Game - jeffery style sturdy stock up front, file a shallow v in stead of the rear u notch and there you go: a no shit african working rifle. Scopes are for blind bats, like Cewe.. Cool Here´s one Hva 640 in 9,3x62:

Oops, forgot the checkering.. Sorry Ray...

There, thats better.
Sorry about the stock being a bit tacky, I´m in the process of redoiling. Just got back from the gunsmith, who put a proper oberndorf style bolt handle on..
Seriously, the first picture was dated friday, and I just finished chequering.

Boha

Posts: 493 | Location: Finland | Registered: 18 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I also have a Husqvarna in 9.3x62 geting retrofited, It was originally a 9.3x57 but re chambered to the 9.3x62, I'm keeping the original stock and open sights {old Euro style} but had it bedded and adding Recknagle side swing safty , swing off mounts and steel Shmidt&Bender 4x36 scope and will use it not only for plains game but for large game as well.
Combined with a 470NE makes a great set for places like the Zambezie vally.
Great hunting,
Adam C.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boha nailed it, thats a nice 9.3x62, but I would have checkered it and added a ghost peep perhaps, perhaps not!!...

A 3X Leupold or 1x4 Leupold scope and Mod. 70 safty if I went the scope route...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41968 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am surprised that Ray didn't mention this, but this cartridge performs better with longer barrels. I'd consider at least 24" and use a barrel band. A quick-off ring set, mine are Leupold, and medium power variable scope would make full use of the "long range" capabilities of this rifle. A nice barrel banded front sight and suitable ramped rear sight would be icing. You just can say enough nice things about the 9.3x62 or the Huskies. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful rifles. I hope I can get mine to turn uot as nice. Lines of the stocks are very clean. just what I hope to do.

Thanks

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote