Find
Notify
Tools

M70 Sights
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Good day all,
I have posted this on gunsmithing but was wondering if anyone here had any sugesstions
Please excuse the dumbness but we are trying to learn.
We have just purchased a winchester m70 375H&H this gun must be a new model as it has no sights it has only bases for a scope.
We normally only hunt in bushveld(thicks) and would like to put some sights on.
Now for the tricky bit we donot have any gunsmiths as such and any attempt would be a DIY job, is there any sights anyone can reccommend?
Regards

Posts: 228 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
do an internet search for iron sights and view the multiple web sites. A good one to start with is New England Custom Gunshop or Numrich gun parts

i wouldn't attempt a complete DIY job as ordering over the e-net is quite simple and they mail the part to you.....I have done it from Tz and it worked well (you will need a cc)

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bwanamich will do

Posts: 228 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would suggest an NECG Masterpiece barrel band front and a Masterpiece adjustable rear.

http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote