New
Find
Notify
Tools

140tsx@2900 or 160powerpoint@2960?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello guys,I am posting here so that I get more sensible and direct anwers than I have recorded elsewhere on the forum.
If you had a shot at an Elk or Kudu at 250yds and you had the choice(as given below) of two different pills from a 7mm gun,which would you choose and why? I know the choices given may be less than ideal,but I would like tostick to the given cenario.

140tsx@2900fps or,
160 Win powerpoint@2960fps?

"seek the dicerment of a wise man rather than the comfort of a fool."

one of us
posted Hide Post
Neither one. There are much better bullet choices available for elk.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I don't have much experience with PPs, but I saw 140 grain TSXs perform very well on African game last year shot out of my Dad's .270 WSM. I'd give them the nod.

Posts: 3295 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you can get 2960 out of a 160gr PP, you should be able to get at least 3050 or more from a 140gr bullet. It would then definitely be the better choice. A 140 or 130gr monometal bullet at 3000+ fps is good for eland. Kudu and elk are a walk in the park.

one of us
posted Hide Post
TSX

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3992 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TSX...handsdown.

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your straight forward responces.

"many people fail exams not because they dont know the answer,but because they fail to understand the structure of the questions"