New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congrats to Saeed's Brother
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just read the Gulf News this morning. Saeed's brother broke his Olympic record of 189 with 192 in Double International Trap yesterday. He is slowly sneaking up on the World Record. If you have ever seen a clay come out of an a trap machine set to international speed and angle, you realize the score is truely remarkable.

Good luck in breaking the recording.

Saludos....Gringo in Abu Dhabi

Posts: 145 | Location: Katy, Tx | Registered: 06 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
To Saeed and brother/family

Well done again, your brother is very crack shot

Gringo / thanks for that information from Oman. It is good to see a build up of guests from your part of the world. AR is truly an international brotherhood of peoples from all over the world

Regards, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Congrats and all the very best.That's a remarkable achievement.I,too, intend to compete in Olympic Trap seriously.Best -

Locksley,R.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I watched Saeed's brother shoot the double trap competition in the last Olympics (Greece). Impressive show, he was just so much better than the competition! He should have won, but his shooting fell apart when he got too far ahead. A Chinese (I believe) eventually won the gold medal. Fortunately, Saeed's brother came back strongly to win the regular trap competition (if memory serves).
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Ahmed.

JD

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dang nice shooting. I have pulled off some nice shooting in my time, but not time after time for 192 rounds! I am in awe. Congrats. D

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have pulled off some nice shooting in my time, but not time after time for 192 rounds!

Oh, I've broken 192 birds before, just took me a LOT more than 200 shells to do it! Wink

Excellent shooting, and congratulations!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
He should have won....

He did. Wink

Ahmed won the gold in double trap at the 2004 Olympics. Followed by India and China for silver and bronze respectively.

Rustam

P.S.: His shooting temporarily went a bit awry only after he reached the score that guaranteed him the gold.

Posts: 173 | Location: Bangalore, India. | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oops, you are right.. Ahmed finished 4th in the trap competition, and it was not a Chinese that won it, it was a Russian. Must be getting old. My apologies to Ahmed. Fantastic achievement on the new record and the Olympic gold medal!
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats! 'Tis a FINE accomplishment ... really, really, really close to AMAZING. (Gotta save just a little for when he smashes the world record) Wink
Wink Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Obviously we none of us want to be reincarnated as a bird in the same field as Ahmed's double gun! Right decent shootin', old chap!

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
This is great news for the shooting /AR community. Congratulations and Kudo's are due.
Well Done Ahmed!

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! thumb thumb thumb

And I belive Ahmed is not only Saeed's brother but himself an AR member...? wave

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Yup, that's GOOD shootin' and I hope he continues to do well... but what I'll always remember of the guy is the picture of Saeed's daughter pulling HARD on his ear! Big Grin

Russ

The doing of unpleasant deeds calls for people of an unpleasant nature.

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHB:
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
He should have won....

He did. Wink

Ahmed won the gold in double trap at the 2004 Olympics. Followed by India and China for silver and bronze respectively.

Rustam

P.S.: His shooting temporarily went a bit awry only after he reached the score that guaranteed him the gold.

Wow. So Ahmed Al Maktoum is Saeed's brother!He shoots a Beretta 682 EX if I remember well.Great to know.Keep up the good shooting champ.-

Locksley,R.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
I also congratulate Saeed's brother, clearly the best (if not one of the best) in the world. I’ll never forget the emotions captured in the picture Saeed posted after he won the gold at the Olympics.

Hate to bring ants to the picnic...

A few weeks ago people in this closely knit on-line community were trying to console one another about the London bombings. Saeed moved the post from the African big game hunting forum to the political forum (or another forum, don't remember) because it had nothing to do with African Big Game Hunting.

It's his forum and I greatly appreciate him hosting this site. However, this post has nothing to do with African big game hunting. To maintain consistency let's hope this post also is moved to a more appropriate forum.

Let the slammings begin!

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote