New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adrian Langley
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody know him and/or hunted with him?

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup- Good PH, old school.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I know him well. Excellent guy.

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Mucho
posted Hide Post
Hi Seven -

I've been a "lurker" here for quite awhile and have learned a lot from the forum; however, for one reason or another have never posted until now.

I don't pretend to have nearly the amount of experience that others here have, I've only been to Africa twice. But ... I DID hunt with Ade this year in July. The short story is that he and his team did a terrific job. I would be more than happy to hunt with Ade again in the future. I corresponded via email a bit with Ade before we made our trip, which helped us get to know each other a bit.

I communicated to Ade the kind of hunt I was looking for, my trophy priorities, and the fact that my fiance would likely want to come along most of the time, even while stalking buffalo. Ade met and exceeded all of my expectations. I enjoy trying to learn as much about the land and animals as I can, in addition to having a great hunt. Ade was able to identify nearly every bird, tree, and animal and give their names in English, one or more African languages, and even Latin about half the time.

We got on buffalo every day until we took a 41 inch bull late in the evening on day 8. He and his trackers did a great job, got us in close, and kept us safe at all times. On the morning of day 8 (a very lucky day) we spotted a sable that Ade described as "huge". After several hours of persistent tracking, during which Ade refused to give up on the bull, we finally took a fantastic 43 inch sable.

High ethics is also important to me. Ade more than met my expectations in this regard as well. A brief story to illustrate: We were driving around in the cruiser late one evening early in the hunt. As we rolled along, a herd of buff suddenly appeared in the road ahead. By luck, they hadn't seen us, and we drifted to a stop and watched them filter across the road in front of the cruiser. Suddenly, a huge bull stepped out right in front of us and stood broadside in the road at probably less than 50 yards. It was early in the hunt, and I didn't know Ade well yet. As I looked at the monster bull thru my binos, I silently prayed that he would not ask me to shoot it from on top of the cruiser - which would have been very easy to do. Ade watched the old bull quietly thru his binos. When the bull wandered off into the bush a few long moments later, I put down my glasses and said "That was a good bull, wasn't it?" He smiled a knowing smile and replied "Yes. We'll see if we can catch up with him tomorrow."

I guess this is kind of a long-winded reply. But I am very happy to have had such a knowledgeable, ethical, experienced, and capable PH as Ade. I'm confident he'll do a great job for you. One previous poster said he is "old school". Then I'd say, give me old school every day.

Best of luck to you!

Posts: 4 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 17 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mucho, where were you hunting? I was in your country this weekend, looks like ya'll are about as dry as us.
Confirmed my suspicions about Ade. Thanks to all.

Picture of Mucho
posted Hide Post
Hey Seven -

We were hunting in Zimbabwe, the Bubye Conservancy, Fimbiri Camp. I live near Austin, and yeah, we're dry as a bone.

When are you headed over?

Posts: 4 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 17 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Ade twice now (Metetsi III and Lemco) and highly recommend him as a PH and friend. We have successfully hunted Buffalo, Leopard,sable and other plains game together and while I haven't hunted elephant with him I know he has been very successful in hunting them with other clients. Good man. You'll enjoy your hunt and time spent with him.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mucho, I've hunted the conservancy twice and going back next year again. Brent Hein will be my ph and Ade will hunt with a buddy. Great place with great camps. Will be my first time to hunt out of Fimbiri. I'm just east of you, send us some rain!