THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Safari Club Convention 2022 & the latest Covid spike.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari Club Convention 2022 & the latest Covid spike.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here we go again. A rising trajectory and a new variant across both the USA and the rest of the world. Renewed travel restrictions.

Nevada is one of the areas experiencing a spike. Las Vegas may have to return to some level of restrictions.

Wonder what this means for the SCI show?

I'm booked and looking forward to the show, but.....?

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was on a call about this yesterday. No one can predict government actions. The county in question has taken some actions recently. Largely related to masks .

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think all international shows face some serious issues. For example, can outfitters from certain countries travel to the US?

Clearly,lots of hunts have been rolled forward . Do the outfitters have any hunts to sell in the foreseeable future as a result?

Can the outfitters afford to travel to the US for the shows?

Next year will be interesting.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watch the UK. Lots of cases there and rising, yet they ditched pretty much all restrictions last Monday. Pretty high vaccination rate (close to 70% of adults double vaccinated, >85% one jab so far). If it goes well there in the next month, that would be a good sign.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two weeks to flatten the curve.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
Two weeks years to flatten the curve.

Fixed it...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I think all international shows face some serious issues. For example, can outfitters from certain countries travel to the US?

Clearly,lots of hunts have been rolled forward . Do the outfitters have any hunts to sell in the foreseeable future as a result?

Can the outfitters afford to travel to the US for the shows?

Next year will be interesting.

Traveling overseas is a bitch - even when not going to Africa. Scam rt-pcr test, unknown travel rules and restriction getting into us, Europe ect. It’s actually easiest from around the world to come to the us than go elsewhere (if the us lets you in). Dropped a buddy from Dubai at his hotel. A group of 20 plus saudi women and children just got off the transfer bus from the airport. Tourist are coming to us not sure how many Americans are traveling overseas.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BushPeter:
Watch the UK. Lots of cases there and rising, yet they ditched pretty much all restrictions last Monday. Pretty high vaccination rate (close to 70% of adults double vaccinated, >85% one jab so far). If it goes well there in the next month, that would be a good sign.

I read both UK and Australian news every morning.

The UK is continuing its habit if complicating things beyond reason.

They have a health app that pings people to self isolate.

Creating havoc.

They are telling certain sections of the population to ignore it, but not others??!!

How stupid is that?

What sort of confidence do they wish people to have??

Australian has gone bonkers!

Ruled by a bunch of what looks like deranged idiots on a power trip!

Failed to vaccinate, and now falling behind everyone!!

Traveling depends where you wish to go.

It can mean a very easy trip, or an impossible one.

Traveling to Sweden recently was as easy as at any time.

Only addition was a PCR test to get on the flight.

Unti vaxxers and governments falling behind in vaccinations are the cause of prolonging this blooChink virus effect!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
They don't look like a bunch of idiots...they ARE a bunch of idiots mate. Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot can happen between now and January, but making plans to exhibit at a show like SCI, especially if you're an international outfit, is a complex endeavor under the best of conditions. With all the unknowns still out there, I'm guessing we'll see a hugely different show than in the past.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have more or less 6 months . Anything could happen between now and then.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have more or less 6 months . Anything could happen between now and then.

I bet we are going to at least 3 more nasty variants by then! clap

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
From all the hoopla going around, the old adage is coming around.

Is the travel necessary or is it something that is feels good and something that I would like to do!

We had a lot of travel in the mix this year, and we were able to make our spring fishing trip, and then the lock downs started again. No place to sit and eat in doors, maybe the motels will have a vacancy, all dependent on what the governor of the state that you are in or traveling through decided to do. Our trip to the UK went down the toilet, along with other short trips to in the USA.

However, I was planning to take in the SCI and DSC convention in 2022, now not so much. My wife asked me is the trips really necessary, or just something you would like to do in January. I usually try to visit with a few PH from Africa, again I am not in the mix of planning any trips out of the country anytime soon.

Making the drive to either convention allowed me to visit friends along the way going and coming. So we call more often and maybe plan a direct trip to visit them.

I guess with all that is ongoing, does a person really want to end up in a medical facility out of the country or even the state that you do not live in.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If one is vaccinated, I think one does not need to worry too much.

Travel to countries that are relatively open, have a plan be ready to get home.

Don’t fall for cheap air tickets where your dates are fixed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, odds are against one getting the virus of no precautions are taken. If one is vaccinated and follows basic precautions, the chances of getting it are extremely low.

It is a personal decision. We are going.

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57976015

White House: US to maintain Covid foreign travel restrictions

Published 1 hour ago

The US does not intend to lift Covid-19 travel restrictions for non-Americans, a senior White House official has said.

The decision comes amid pressure from airlines and tourism industry lobbyists to lift the sweeping ban before the end of the summer travel season.

The official said the decision was due to a rise in infections, the Delta variant's transmissibility and a recent advisory against travel to the UK.

Cases in the US continue to rise, particularly among the non-vaccinated.

"Given where we are today with the Delta variant, the United States will maintain existing travel restrictions at this point," an unnamed US official told White House reporters on Monday.

"Cases are rising here at home, particularly among those who are unvaccinated and appear likely continue to increase in the weeks ahead."

Travel restrictions due to Covid were first imposed by the US on China in 2020 January.

Since then, the US ban has expanded to include non-US citizens who had recently visited the UK, the 26-nation Schengen bloc in Europe, Brazil, Ireland, India, Iran and South Africa.

Last week, Canada announced that vaccinated Americans would be allowed to visit starting on 9 August.

Despite this, the US said it will keep its borders shut to neighbours Canada and Mexico until at least 21 August.

"The administration understands the importance of international travel and is united in wanting to reopen international travel in a safe and sustainable manner," the White House official added.

It comes days after the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said that the highly-contagious Delta variant now accounts for 80% of all US cases.

On Thursday, CDC director Rochelle Walensky said that the weekly average for new infections had jumped by 53% in the previous week.

Vaccination rates have slowed in the US since peaking in the spring. US officials say nearly all new cases are appearing in those who are unvaccinated, and have begun referring to Covid as a "pandemic of the unvaccinated".

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The last sentence of the above post is the most telling. People in third world countries are begging for vaccine while Americans die from ignoring it.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke to to a friend in Vegas today. We are supposed to go to dinner and a concert in Vegas next month.

He warned about a likely mask mandate. Then he mentioned the words that scared me. Capacity reductions and social distancing. It is a big problem is those are implemented.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
The last sentence of the above post is the most telling. People in third world countries are begging for vaccine while Americans die from ignoring it.....

The UAE has donated millions of vaccines to poor countries in Africa and Asia.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Been around the world this year
Believe me, plenty of people don’t want it either outside US
I do believe, each of us are on their own with our own choices at times

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
I spoke to to a friend in Vegas today. We are supposed to go to dinner and a concert in Vegas next month.

He warned about a likely mask mandate. Then he mentioned the words that scared me. Capacity reductions and social distancing. It is a big problem is those are implemented.

Yep.. friends just got back last weekend and said it is right around the corner.. Glad I have First Class fully refundable tickets for the Aug board meeting - I'm bowing out and will attend via zoom...

I'm vaccinated and have no fear of getting sick - I'm simply not going anywhere that requires me to wear a mask or "social distance".. Done and over with that - one of the main reasons I got the shots!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm vaccinated and have no fear of getting sick - I'm simply not going anywhere that requires me to wear a mask or "social distance".. Done and over with that - one of the main reasons I got the shots!

I’m pretty much have the same position, vaccinated but I’m around a lot of people in the construction industry, hoping I won’t contract this disaster, but I’m pretty much done with the mask crap. I’ll wear it on an airplane in order to get where I want to go but won’t patronize any establishment requiring masks.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:

I’m pretty much have the same position, vaccinated but I’m around a lot of people in the construction industry, hoping I won’t contract this disaster, but I’m pretty much done with the mask crap. I’ll wear it on an airplane in order to get where I want to go but won’t patronize any establishment requiring masks.

My feelings exactly! I look at all the covid tests just like the drug tests we had to take in the service back in the 80s - I did not go near any drugs but was still terrified every time I had to piss in the bottle because we never knew when a "false positive" would ruin a career.. One false positive PCR test would screw up an entire trip!

I just leased 433 acres in Nebraska - that is where I will be hunting this year and sadly I think DSC and SCI events may be off the table for another year..

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Powell:
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:

My feelings exactly! I look at all the covid tests just like the drug tests we had to take in the service back in the 80s - I did not go near any drugs but was still terrified every time I had to piss in the bottle because we never knew when a "false positive" would ruin a career.. One false positive PCR test would screw up an entire trip!

I just leased 433 acres in Nebraska - that is where I will be hunting this year and sadly I think DSC and SCI events may be off the table for another year..

Sadly,I am starting to become concerned as well.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I’m gonna drive to Vegas and adjust
Just no masks please

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The US does not intend to lift Covid-19 travel restrictions for non-Americans, a senior White House official has said.

Of course, this doesn't apply to those traveling across the southern border. Feel free to walk across the Rio Grande anywhere you feel like it.
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hang on to your hats. Here we go....

The New York Auto show, the largest of its kind in the world, with an average attendance of almost 35,000, and which brings in an estimated 100 million dollars to the local economy, has been cancelled. It was scheduled to open in roughly two weeks.....

114-R10David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
from financial times

“The Biden administration is drawing up plans that will require all foreign nationals visiting the US to be “fully vaccinated” against Covid-19, according to a White House official.”

i am telling my buddies in zim to seek the correct vaccine if they are lucky enough to travel to us.

currently for nearly all overseas citizens us travel is a mess.

given how bad the fall is going to be - i dont see any near term travel opening in us.

sci and dsc will be anemic if overseas outfitters dont show up.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And now.....the NRA has cancelled its convention, less than two weeks out.

Hard to imagine an SCI show anything like what we've seen in the past. If at all.....

114-R10David

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I was in Botswana a few weeks ago.

The only vaccine available was the highly suspect Chinese-made vaccine.

No one I spoke with was willing to take it.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13627 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
And now.....the NRA has cancelled its convention, less than two weeks out.

Hard to imagine an SCI show anything like what we've seen in the past. If at all.....

I have more faith in sci with high entry fees and limited crowds than the nra in the age of covid.

I also think Vegas will have stricter covid rules.

I still don’t see how international travel from non vaccinated countries opens up. Vaccination in Europe is becoming a requirement for travel and the same approach will become the global standard.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of infinito
posted Hide Post
Me, Erika, Walter and Gawie will be in the USA. If the shows do not happen we will host private events and travel to see people interested in hunting with us.

WE simply do not have a choice. We are all vaccinated and will just suck up the quarantine requirements.

I do hope the shows carry on.....

Charl van Rooyen
Owner
Infinito Travel Group
www.infinito-safaris.com
charl@infinito-safaris.com
Cell: +27 78 444 7661
Tel: +27 13 262 4077
Fax:+27 13 262 3845
Hereford Street 28A
Groblersdal
Limpopo
R.S.A.

"For the Infinite adventure"

Plains Game
Dangerous Game
Bucket List Specialists
Wing-Shooting
In House Taxidermy Studio
In House Dip and Pack Facility
In House Shipping Service
Non-Hunting Tours and Safaris
Flight bookings

"I promise every hunter visiting us our personal attention from the moment we meet you, until your trophies hang on your wall. Our all inclusive service chain means you work with one person (me) taking responsibility during the whole process. Affordable and reputable Hunting Safaris is our game! With a our all inclusive door to door service, who else do you want to have fun with?"

South Africa
Tanzania
Uganda

Posts: 2018 | Location: South Africa,Tanzania & Uganda | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With Quote