Find
Notify
Tools

Another Namibia hunt in 2007?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
I am trying to pool my resources, but it looks like I won't be able to afford the Zambia safari I had wanted in 2007. I am considering another Namibia safari for a couple of reasons, here's a list;

It's easiest for me to get there from Europe, OK this is kind of a bullshit answer, but it's cheap to fly from Frankfurt to Windhoek. South Africa is just a little more, Botswana's Limpopo area would be a little more still.

It's one of the most inexpensive hunts in Africa, but the quality is super high.

It's beautiful open desert country. I hunted in August and it was hot in near Windhoek and pretty darn cold near Aroab. I know there are plenty of beautiful places in Africa but I liked it a lot.

It's super clean and papwerwork drama is nill!

It's pretty wild, but kind of tame. A lot like Wyoming.

I am also thinking about the Limpop disctrict of Botswana but it's quite a bit more expensive. What do you think?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I'd go back to Namibia in a heartbeat! Nothing wrong with SA either. Getting guns in is relatively painless if you have all your ducks in a row. I sure had a good time hunting SA with Andrew McLaren.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Head for Namibia. I'm going in 2007 for leopard and plains game. Really can't beat the place. Next to Cameroon, one of my favorite plaes to go.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Chief Mac,

Havn't seen you in a while. Who are you going with in 2007? I might try and book into the same camp, that would be cool.

Two Navy guys tearing up the Kalahari and Khomas?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
D99,

I'm in the process of booking a 12 day leopard/plains game hunt through Wendell Rich. The hunter will be Vaughn Fulton. The hunt will take place on the Bushman Conservancy. In addition to the leopard, I've got the only Damara Dik-Dik on quota as well as Klipspringer, Hartman Mtn Zebra, Giraffe (for leopard baits), Kudu, Gemsbok and Steenbok.

I just got back from being to sea and need to fire off a deposit as soon as I can get caught up on everything. Don't know exactly what dates I'll ask for. Last time I contacted Wendell, Just about any date I wanted was open.

Cheers

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I am still working on it. I hope to have something booked by July.

Too many damn choices out there.

I need one of my guys to get his quals so I can take leave. We are going to be short handed next year.

I need a 2nd class with a certain NEC to releive me and hopefully we'll get another first class next year so I can go do Quality Assurance. Work drama gets in the way of hunting way too often.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
D99 try Sebra Hunting Adventures for that PG/leopard hunt just south of Etosha in Loxodonta conservancy..you won't be sorry

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
If I could do the combo hunt I'm interested in there, I'd go back to Namibia in a heartbeat.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote