New
Find
Notify
Tools

are you ready
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
the time is getting closer. it might be only a couple days away, or maybe a couple of week, or maybe a couple of months. it doesn't make an deference. The excitement has already set in. The guys at work understand, your kids understand, your long suffering understands, she understands all to well because shes going too. Have you got all the things you need? Maybe another trip to the sports shop will help. It's your first trip, your fifth trip, your twentieth trip, the excitement, the packing the apprehension. Got enough clothes packed?, enough ammo?, cleaned the rifles ? Damn maybe you'll some more widgits. Its time to pack the bags, except it won't all fit. Its to heavy. What can you do without? Need this, need that, need the rest, but its to much. The clocks ticking, soon, very soon, it will be your time. Chit, where are those airplane tickets, Got the permits? Better double check the ammo to make sure its the right stuff. Its not visions of sugar plums dancing in your head, instead its visions of the huge buffalo, the 100# elephant, the cunning leopard. Christmas is coming early this year. Got enough TSA locks? Bug DOpe, Shoes fit right, Its only a little while away until you have to board that 747, Are you ready yet??

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Excellent! thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
Been there ... did that (in early May)!

WAAAY too accurate a description Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
OH how ture !!!!!!!!!!!

6 days and counting. I will be on a 777 though.

Went to bass pro shop today, packing as we speek.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very accurate description, I am not going until October for a short plains game hunt but I am constantly going over my gear.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Very well said,and remembered, but in my case it is only a fadeing memory! CRYBABY

.........GO TO AFRICA YOUNG MAN WHILE YOU STILL CAN! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
I thought I was ready until I read this... now I have to go back through everything again... Thanks Frowner
...4 days away.................

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was ready, after six months of planning, until someone threw some crap in the game and now I'm scrambling. I'd rather get a root canal than ride the seat I now have coming out of Kili on August 14th. But I will perservere. The buffalo of Kitiangare are waiting and I'm leaving in six days.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:
I was ready, after six months of planning, until someone threw some crap in the game and now I'm scrambling. I'd rather get a root canal than ride the seat I now have coming out of Kili on August 14th. But I will perservere. The buffalo of Kitiangare are waiting and I'm leaving in six days.

Give them my best regards thumb

Posts: 307 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 19 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting at my kitchen table as we speak going through my checklist, organizing the file of paper work, getting things ordered, remembering things that arent on the list.....60 more days till I board the 1st of 5 flight that will find me in Chirisa.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robncolorado:
I'm sitting at my kitchen table as we speak going through my checklist, organizing the file of paper work, getting things ordered, remembering things that arent on the list.....60 more days till I board the 1st of 5 flight that will find me in Chirisa.

You flying or hitch-hiking? Big Grin

Posts: 307 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 19 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
Flying, but think hitching it might be faster!

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kibokolambogo:
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:

Give them my best regards thumb

With extreme pleasure... Wink

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pack light- one or two changes of clothes, one pair of sneakers for sneaking, some bullets, one gun, a digital camera and a ball cap - yep, that would get you ready..

Have fun.

Posts: 10215 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's your first trip, your fifth trip, your twentieth trip, the excitement, the packing the apprehension. Got enough clothes packed?, enough ammo?, cleaned the rifles ?

Wow, that really describes how I'm feeling...

If it wasn't for being able to ask questions on AR I'd be even more of a nerveous wreck shocker

Heading over for my first in 32 days!!!

Thanks for posting...

Matt V.

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote