New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mufunta and Illinda GMAs - Zambia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys just got back from 2 days at the DSC. Considering a 2017 sable + sitatunga hunt in Zambia. Does anybody know of or better still hunted the Mufunta GMA for sable and Illinda GMA for sitatunga. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Posts: 172 | Location: Jackson, New Jersey | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Mufunta great for Sable and not sure about Illinda.

You could do both in Lunga Luswishi?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9901 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shikaribu,

You will get great sable in Mufunta as well as very good chance on Sitatunga in Illinda private reserve. Top operators on the two areas.

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Both areas are excellent, I was in the Ilinda area just above my father's Kasonso Busanga block 2 weeks ago, the local guys say Ilinda is loaded with wildlife, so I'm sure you will be very successful.

Posts: 16 | Location: Mutanda Nature Reserve, North Western Zambia. | Registered: 12 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arturo Cuturi:
Both areas are excellent, I was in the Ilinda area just above my father's Kasonso Busanga block 2 weeks ago, the local guys say Ilinda is loaded with wildlife, so I'm sure you will be very successful.

Arturo,

What the local guys say and actually what is on the ground is altogether different.

Where is Ilinda and who is the operator?

Cheers

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

posted Hide Post
Hi Andrew

Ilinda is located above Kasonso in the Lumba and Loba area, I have been there in the last month twice and can confirm the game is there, in great abundance. The area is managed by a gentleman by the name of Zaeed.

In Kasonso alone my father and I saw more that 300 buffalo, 150 sale and numerous other species in 6 days, so the wildlife is undoubtedly there.

Regards
Arturo Cuturi

Posts: 16 | Location: Mutanda Nature Reserve, North Western Zambia. | Registered: 12 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will be in good hands. Zaeed runs the biggest hunting operations in Zambia and is a top class operator.

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arturo Cuturi:
Hi Andrew

Ilinda is located above Kasonso in the Lumba and Loba area, I have been there in the last month twice and can confirm the game is there, in great abundance. The area is managed by a gentleman by the name of Zaeed.

In Kasonso alone my father and I saw more that 300 buffalo, 150 sale and numerous other species in 6 days, so the wildlife is undoubtedly there.

Regards
Arturo Cuturi

Great stuff and I am glad someone has taken on Kasonso. Good area and some terrific Lion were taken there in the past. Agree Zaeed is a good operator.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys thank you all for your feedback.

Posts: 172 | Location: Jackson, New Jersey | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote