Tools

Crocodile chews man's buttocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://allafrica.com/stories/201203131139.html

Uganda: Crocodile Chews Man's Buttocks
By Moses Bikala, 13 March 2012

A 25-year-old fisherman at Musoli landing site located in Mutumba Sub County in the eastern district of Namayingo was rushed to hospital in critical condition after a crocodile chewed off his buttocks.

The fisherman, George Musinde reportedly went to fish at around 7.30 pm on Sunday. He reportedly jumped into the lake to evade law enforcement officials on patrol.

According to one of the locals, Juma Wabwire, it was then that the fisherman was grabbed by the crocodile chewing off all his entire buttocks. Musinde managed to escape after pushing a big stick into the jaws of the reptile.

He said he later raised an alarm that attracted law enforcement officials who rescued him from being eaten up by the crocodile.

The secretary for defence Musoli landing site beach management unit, Moses Wesonga said the fisherman was rushed to Tororo main hospital in a critical condition.

He cautioned fishermen and locals against moving to the shores of Lake Victoria especially during late night hours.

Wesonga said most crocodiles usually take advantage of the night to attack people who come to take a bath or to fish.

The deputy fisheries officer Namayingo, Deo Mwogererwa said seven people were eaten up by the crocodiles at the same spot last year.

He said five of those killed were children who had gone to bathe as twilight approached.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did the croc get his shots after the incident, the croc could be in worse shape than the fisherman. Big Grin

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big freaking deal, my wife has been chewing my buttocks off for years!

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Usually you get your ass chewed out or off by someone other than a crocodile! Big Grin

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Man, not that I need it but after the guy who lost his testicles to a croc and now this guy, please gently remind me if I forget and venture anywhere close to a fetid pool or river across the Big Pond! Eeker

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I'm more fearful of the microscopic stuff in the water than the crocs & both pretain to protecting my valuables.
Kinda like Chuck Berry singing about swimming across Turtle Creek, "shore was hard swimming cross that thing with both hands holding my dinga-linga-ding"

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote