New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE FROM JOHN GREEFF
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Heard from John today....several of you supporters may have also heard from him...
Dusty has done a hunt at the ranch...he wished to return to Tanzania but Raoul with support of Vickie and John insisted he wait til next year.
John is learning fast to shoot left handed. Whacked a running baboon in the bush at 80 yds!
Says he is doing great but ear is now still a problem.
Send the Greeff family your thoughts and prayers!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is in my prayers.. I noticed The Hunting Report did a story on him last month. What an amazing story it was to read!

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the news, Tom. Seems pretty positive, all things considered. tu2

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13654 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted Hide Post
Tom, I also received a brief email from John. I had sent a camera over to Dustin via Scottyboy. From what John said, Dustin has put the camera to good use taking pictures of his girlfriend Smiler John had bettered get him back to work in the bush before all he thinks about is the other bush Eeker

Martin

Posts: 168 | Location: Nokomis Florida | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I no longer subscribe to Hunting Report but am quite sure it was the story
Wes Hixon read to me over the phone and was awaiting John's editorial comments before submitting. I am sure it dispelled any false reports and gave an accurate accounting.

375LVR, Dusty already had a bevy of ladies awaiting him when he was along on a hunt I did with John when Dusty was 15 1/2......

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's been the ruination of many a promising young PH.

Send along our prayers and best wishes as well.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
It sounds like John and Dusty are making great progress! When I was in rehab for this bionic knee I now have, the PT folks told me it takes 21 days for the brain and body to learn a new task. John should do very well with his apparent enthusiasm.!

~Ann

Posts: 19557 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John definitely has enthusiasm for life....unfortunately he is driving again so no donkey or road crossing Kudu in Zimbabwe is safe!!