Notify
Tools

Re: San Jose, CA
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted
In no particular order:

Reed's Sport Shop (San Jose, on Alum Rock Ave.)
Reed's Gun Range (Santa Clara, on frontage road next to Hwy 101)
Sportsman's Supply (Campbell, on Camden near Bascom)
Kerley's (Santa Clara, on Steven's Creek Blvd. south of De Anza Blvd.)

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys!! I was beginning to believe that this WAS actually Hell...

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Steve,
I think Eric gave you "the list". Although I haven't been to any of those shops I've heard good things about Reed's from my clients and Gabe, the owner of Kerley's, has hunted with me and has been to Africa many times and carries a good selection of high end hunting stuff.
If you're up for a drive, Barnwood Arms over in Ripen is just a little place but they also carry a lot of high quality stuff. Joe, the owner, is also one of my clients and has hunted in Africa at least once.

Happy shopping,
Kyler

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Folks,

I'm down in San Jose this week. I come down here fairly regularly. In my evenings, I've been getting fairly bored.

I've notice that there is an unsurprisingly derth of obvious gun/hunting shops around. I tought that some of you might know of some places I might be able to fritter away an evening.

Thanks!!

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention:

Targetmasters West (Milpitas, on Innis Circle off of Milpitas Boulevard)

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Ditto's on Kerly's, and I think technically it's in Cupertino, or right around the border of the cities.

I've been out of the bay area for 7 years, and haven't missed it a bit. I don't know if it's hell, but there are certainly better places to live.

Gun/hunting shops aren't what I plan on looking for when wiling away the evenings in the south bay. There are actually some neat out of the way places to check out. I'd head for the hills, either side of the valley, and check out the parks.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
You might also try Mel Cotton's there in San Jose. I don't remember the address or phone number but they should be in the phone book.

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote