THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Clients that smoke, use their cell phones and can't shoot ?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clients that smoke, use their cell phones and can't shoot ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Any PH or booking agent has a truck load of funny stories, some not so funny, a Safari company has to deal with the good and bad the best he can. A good PH can handle about any situation..Not only is he a good hunter, a good tracker, knows his game, he is also a statesman, a politician of sorts, and has the patients of Jobe...All PH smoke, most don't expose the client that doesn't smoke to it..Most clients can shoot well enough, if not they get shooting lessons on a crash course and their guns are sighted in by the PH..There are those who cannot shoot and have a bad safari of course, and those that have an attitude but not many..Its hard to have a bad safari, its easy to have a bad hunt in the USA for elk, deer, bear etc..lots of bad outfitters out of control. Africa is well organized and the PH are trained and licensed for the most part.

That said, most of the bad deals are far and few between IMO..but if your in the business, You will have a bad client on very rare occasions has been my take on the subject.

Bottom line? Its just like any other business.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope I've never been a "bad client", but over the years, I've done my share of bad shooting and not being able to keep up with a PH 30 years my junior, one of whom was a former professional athlete. But the rifles are sighted in and if the shot is off, it's on me. It's happened, but there's usually a quick follow up.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
.... not being able to keep up with a PH 30 years my junior, one of whom was a former professional athlete.

Michel?

Posts: 2046 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, reading this thread it seems that some people are fortunate enough to have their first hunting experience be an African safari.

I don't think that is cause for ridicule, when they arrive having little experience with hunting or shooting rifles - rather, good on them!

Posts: 304 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fulvio,

I'm only a couple of years older than Michel.
This year he put me with Micah Du Plooy, who is about 30 if that and played rugby. In the mountains, no less. We had a great safari though. Micah was great to hunt with. He carried my buffalo skull out of a steep drainage choked with thick brush on his back and still beat me up by a wide margin. He also carried my bushbuck all the way back to camp from the bottom of the Panini river, at least a couple of miles.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had an Italian here, some years back, complained to the Guides association about his outfitter not doing enough for him to bag a Black bear. Turned out the guy insisted on sitting in a tree stand over a bait, with his wife. No shortage of bears showed up, but she'd start screaming, every time one approached the bait. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote