New
Find
Notify
Tools

In the face of a charge!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Fellows I have to share a funny Christmas story with you. My wife and I gave our five yr old (hopefully future hunting buddy) grandson the new Cabelas Big Game Hunter game for his Wii that Santa brought him. My daughter called us after Christmas just laughing her arse off. Well, the story goes he had shot several animals with the rifle that comes with the game. Then comes the lion charge!!! She said, He ran behind the sofa and started firing. dancing

Anyway, I got him on the phone and asked him if he had killed that lion yet and his response was "No Papa he's tougher than I am". Maybe someday we can make it across the big pond together. JC

Posts: 230 | Location: Palo Pinto Mountains | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Good story.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
At 35 years of age, I also received the same gift. The lion charge (mountain lion in my case) was a tough kill. Funny that I had a pretty good time playing the little game. No comparison to the real deal, but I'm sure it would be exhillerating for a 5yo.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought my two young girls a Wii for Christmas. I’ve been bowling and playing tennis, baseball and boxing ever since. When I’m able to move my arms again, I’ll have to try out the Cabelas game. beer

I've had a Playstation for a few years now and I have to recommend to everyone, the Cabelas Safari game that came out a few years ago. It will definitely get younger kids interested in different African game species. They can hunt the Big 5 along with Springbok, Wildebeest, Kudu, Duikers and other PG. I wish they would come out with more games like this.

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats a funny story...am sure he will be a mighty hunter one day.

Posts: 2571 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
sounds like you need to get him some Mark Sullivan videos Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will- I bet it was nothing like that Cape Buffalo charge you experienced in the Save'!!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we gave it to the 5 year old grandson, i'm sure he will enjoy it, if he can get away from dad

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James Cardwell:
Fellows I have to share a funny Christmas story with you. My wife and I gave our five yr old (hopefully future hunting buddy) grandson the new Cabelas Big Game Hunter game for his Wii that Santa brought him. My daughter called us after Christmas just laughing her arse off. Well, the story goes he had shot several animals with the rifle that comes with the game. Then comes the lion charge!!! She said, He ran behind the sofa and started firing. dancing

Anyway, I got him on the phone and asked him if he had killed that lion yet and his response was "No Papa he's tougher than I am". Maybe someday we can make it across the big pond together. JC

got to love that. grandchildren. hope to have some one day. Thanks for sharing

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Lovely story & it has the Christmas spirit somewhere!

I took my 13 yr old girl & 10 yr old boy out to hunt feral goats yesterday & my son shot his first goat at about 80 meters with my 7mm08 but got a scope kiss on his eyebrow! The Kimber Montana was a bit lively for him.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
James just got back from visiting my grandchildren and of course the African hunter had to try his Cabela's hunting game on the Wii. We had a blast sharing and hunting but did not get the big five yet his was N. America, Asia, S. America, Europe, and Australia.

My wife says we have to get one.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Yes, very fun game for the kids...and their dads. Big Grin

Posts: 3917 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You fellows remind me of me. Since I've been off work for over a year with a neck injury I've done alot of big game hunting on our ps2. JC BOOM

Posts: 230 | Location: Palo Pinto Mountains | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
quote:
He ran behind the sofa and started firing.

my tracker needs to start carrying a sofa rotflmo

great story!!

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

Good one!

DRSS
NRA Life Member
VDD-GNA

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivan carter:
quote:
He ran behind the sofa and started firing.

my tracker needs to start carrying a sofa rotflmo

great story!!

Especially when hunting leopards from a blind....

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
Will- I bet it was nothing like that Cape Buffalo charge you experienced in the Save'!!

Ha! Funny!

It turns out I am more effective with real charging buffalo than computerized charging mountain lions. Good thing since there is no "reset" button in the bush.

Will J. Parks, III

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will- You the man!!!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will, are you ready for the Longhorn charge Thursday? holycowHOOK-EM-HORNS!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Dave -- If anything, I'm the [lucky] man.

James -- As an Auburn University graduate, I will be pulling for the horns. An Alabama national championship would make the 'bammers completely unbearable for the next several months. It could even get so bad that I would have to seek immediate shelter in Dallas and Reno and maybe even Africa.

Will J. Parks, III

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
James -- As an Auburn University graduate, I will be pulling for the horns. An Alabama national championship would make the 'bammers completely unbearable for the next several months. It could even get so bad that I would have to seek immediate shelter in Dallas and Reno and maybe even Africa.

As the old saying goes...my two favorite teams are Auburn and whoever's playin Bama. Big Grin Hookem!!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote