Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting the Spiral Horns : BUSHBUCK
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted
Safari Press says it is available. Eardley Rudman said he was being pressed upon for a contribution (chapter?) That was before ELAND and after KUDU. Saving up my Christmas dollars...

here

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
at Peter's request i sent him and his editor a few pictures of a really nice Chobe bushbuck i took in Moz. i wonder if they made the cut?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took a 15 + Harnessed Bushbuck in Cameroon and Peter was in camp right after I left and he measured it and I sent him photos. We shall see, but I'm getting the book regardless.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the book, it is outstanding, better than the others, fantastic contributions from a number of very experienced hunters and excellent photographs

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Ordered!

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Manyathelo:
I have the book, it is outstanding, better than the others, fantastic contributions from a number of very experienced hunters and excellent photographs

In what way? Just curious

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
One of my favourite antelopes to hunt.

I might pick this up in Dallas.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Wonder if he tells the tale of the Lesser Lunga Bushbuck? A miniature version of the Chobe found only in the riverine thickets of the Kafue/Lunga confluence.

Having finished up his Zambian tour and research for African Hunter II we had a couple of days to spare and I asked Peter if there was anything else he would like to hunt? His reply was a good Chobe bushbuck for his collection. No problem and I put Peter on what looked to be a good specimen. To cut a long story short the bloody thing turned out to be a runt.

It was the only animal in my PH career that I have offered to pay for. You could picked it up with one hand. However he was a good sort and accepted his 'Lesser Lunga Bushbuck' as a 'representative' specimen and we had a laugh about it over a cold glass of something or other.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I revived my copy of Peter Flack's bushbuck and found it wonderful. The articles were well written and the photos wonderful. One thing has me curious, I ordered the book through Safari Press, my credit card was billed by Safari Press, the book was shipped by Safari Press in Safari Press packaging. But nowhere on the book does Safari Press appear. Peter Flack Productions are listed as the publisher. In Peter's other books Safari Press and Ludo Wurfbain are given ample credit. In the forward on page xxiv is a photo of James Mellon, Ludo Wurfbain, Peter, and Craig Boodington. Wurfbain is identified as being a former publisher with no other mentions of he or Safari Press. Peter Flack productions are listed as the publisher. It is none of my business as to why this happened, but I hope it will not effect the Spiral Horn series or any of Peter's future writings. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is one of my favourite spiral horns to hunt.

I thought I had two nice rams.......some of the monsters in this book are fantastic.

This is the best of the series so far.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Got mine -- birthday 12/15 or 12/25 before I can open it. in books and videos

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
jdollar

p. 93 shows a 19 5/8" Chobe bushbuck credited to Mark Smith from Moz. in 2006.

Eardley's article on p. 79 has photos and story for my tracker friend, Apie Monti. Good to know his full name, Eardley. Thanks, and I hope he still uses the Xhosa Bible I brought him in 2007. (No wonder he's out of the bushbuck retrieval business!!!) Please tell him "Molo" for me, the crazy Texan in the Blaauwkrantz shirt.

Navaluk

p. 215 shows Scott Olds with 15 1/4" Harnessed from Cameroon. Haven't read the book yet so that's the best I can do.

Barry