New
Find
Notify
Tools

What should women take?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My wife is going along with me this year. Tonight she asked me " What should I take?" I remember a thread about this once before but I can't find it. How do I know what a woman whose idea of a carry on is a steamer trunk should bring. Ann, Kathi, anyone HELP!
We will be in the Okavango delta for 7 days in late July. We will spend a day or two in Gabs, probably a day in muan and possibly go to Capetown or Vic Falls. Where possible, Capetown for instance, We'll stay in a deluxe hotel, in the bush we'll be in semi permant tents. She will be photographing not hunting, I'll be hunting. I want to keep the load down, but still I want her to have what she needs to feel comfortable.
Thanks for the help.
TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my second wife took 13 pairs of shoes on a trip to the virgin islands once. Hung out on the beach, didn't wear any shoes.

My current wife did pretty good going to Africa, she only took 5 or 6 pairs of shoes.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your Visa card...

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ME!!!! Razzer

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Hi Terry,

I can certainly make plenty of suggestions. Have your wife drop me an email with what questions she has now. This usually gets the ball rolling and we can hash everything out before you jet off to adventure.

aspenhill@triton.net

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry,
I will see you and your wife at the Barnes Booth S.C.I. Friday, 3:00 p.m. We can talk then.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry,

I posted on this probably about three months ago, if that helps in your search. I checked my computer here at work and do not have any of the replies saved. They are all at the house. If I remember I will forward them from there. Alot of the replies were PM's and the response was very good.

My wife had agreed to go and was even contributing finicially to assist, but after receiving the gracious replies from the other wives on the forum she actually became excited about the trip. Cool

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
not matter what else she brings, make sure she brings you.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TerryR,

My wife was one of the ones that Fred's wife has interacted with. Please feel free to have her contact Evelyn.

Evelyn Clemmons
eclemmons@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Sam

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry,

You have a PM regarding what should women take to Africa.

Fred

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What has your wife got that I dont? Take me instead!

Angering society one University student at a time.

Posts: 114 | Location: Lethbridge, Alberta. | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I travel with my wife to Africa from time to time, as well as elsewhere in the world, and she gets by with one small checked bag and one carry one. Just limit the volume and let her decide what's to go in it. For the bush one long pants, long sleeves hiking outfit and one short pants, short sleeves hiking outfit and one bathing suit (if the possibility of swimming exists) and one sweater and hat are all you need.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the bush one long pants, long sleeves hiking outfit and one short pants, short sleeves hiking outfit and one bathing suit (if the possibility of swimming exists) and one sweater and hat are all you need.

What does she wear the day its being washed? Smiler

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My faith in the AR family is well placed. Between the email addresses and those who we'll see in Reno i'm sure all my wife's questions will be answered. Thanks to all, and we'll be in touch.
Terry

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NitroX:
quote:
For the bush one long pants, long sleeves hiking outfit and one short pants, short sleeves hiking outfit and one bathing suit (if the possibility of swimming exists) and one sweater and hat are all you need.

What does she wear the day its being washed? Smiler

I didn't mention underwear did I?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote