Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted
L

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Do you already have your badges? If not, you could just present on Friday AM at the will call, demand your Friday - Saturday credentials, and tell them they made a mistake when they say, "we have you down for Thurs - Fri." Downside is that you might end up in a stand off with SCI brass and miss half a day of the show.

They SHOULD, I repeat SHOULD let you swap. However, this is SCI and we are talking about the prospect of you getting money back from them. Not likely IMHO.

To ease the pain, I'll buy you a refreshment at the AR gathering.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This happens all the time in Reno. I don't get badges ahead for that very reason. Looks like Saturday and Sunday will be clear, so its see the show on Saturday and go to Scheels and Cabelas on sunday.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Because SCI makes you purchase for specific days, instead of simply selling a 2 day pass, and the refund date has passed I worry that they might give you a hard time.

I hope that you will report back on this. Many of us are on the fence each year when it come time to renew. The big question in many minds is: "Is SCI's real goal conservation and to serve its members, or simply to make money."

How they treat you on this will go a long way to answering that question. At least for me.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Do you already have your badges? If not, you could just present on Friday AM at the will call, demand your Friday - Saturday credentials, and tell them they made a mistake when they say, "we have you down for Thurs - Fri."

Heck, why just stop at merely lying?

Just sneak in. And be sure to pick up some cool stuff from some of the booths if no one is looking.

Of course, the RIGHT thing to do is call and see if they can swap for you or when you go to pick up your badges, explain the weather issue and see if they will switch the days for you.

You may spend a bit more being honest, but you will likely sleep better.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your pass. I came over Donner Pass last night into Sacramento and had to chain up. Glad I came through last night because it sounds like it will be a lot worse the next couple of days.

If anyone makes it to the sportsman expo in Sacramento this week stop by my booth and say hi (Little Sportsman upper hunting pavillion).

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Justin - Thanks for that update. Take that all you SCI naysayers Smiler I just don't understand all those who are ready to "pounce" on SCI for any little thing they can? Why do you people even bother with SCI if it makes you that unhappy? If you have another organization that makes you happy have at it.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sevenxbjt:
Someone asked me to update my switching days at SCI situation. I'm happy to report that SCI was wonderful and easy to work with. I walked in Friday morning and 10 minutes later my Thu/Fri passes had been changed to Fri/Sat at no cost or penalty to me.

SCI gets a thumbs up on this one from me for bein very accomodating and helpful.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Larry, thinking most of the naysayers are not SCI members and would complain if you hung them with a new rope Roll Eyes

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jbout - You are indeed correct. I see two of the most prominent are already on here whining to beat the band. Seems to me, comments from half way around the World, and not having attended the Show, should be considered that, "just whining". They never have anything positive to add, don't see them volunteering to make things better. Oh well. All I know is myself and many thousands of other folks had a really good time at SCI!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote