New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifles through Zambia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am planning to meet up with some buddies in Zimbabwe to hunt buff in October. We will be hunting Northern Zimbabwe - most likely to be Chewore area. With this in mind we are thinking to fly into Lusaka and then drive to Zimbabwe via Siavonga(Lake Kariba Border Post) Can anybody shed any light on the complications/requirements for a smooth transit with weapons. I will be in touch with the Zim and Zambian embassies here on Monday...to check wit them but if anybody can provide useful info on this I would be most greatful.

Plans at this stage are to take KLM to Lusaka - I will have to check the routing to see if we fly through JNB...which I am hoping is not the case, but as said - any good info is appreciated.

Be well,
Andy

Live to Fish, Hunt to Live

Posts: 44 | Location: Uganda | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andy,

Unless I'm missing something here to hunt on any of the concessions in Northern Zim there will have to be a professional hunter involved somehow. If that is the case he would be your best source of info and could probably meet you at the crossing. It would seem a whole lot simpler to me to just fly to Harare and go through customs etc. there where they are used to dealing with guns on a daily basis. Then you and your friends could all go to the hunting area together. I have a feeling you may be asking for a hassle if you try as a non-African foriegner to negotiate all this on your own.

Good luck!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Andy,
I have a feeling you may be asking for a hassle if you try as a non-African foriegner to negotiate all this on your own.

Good luck!

Mark

Mark, I think the above is a gross understatement!! I certainly don't envy anyone trying it, for sure! Eeker

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
TigerFish

Zambia is/has changed their rifle enty/export permit regulations for this season.

1) You still have to get your outfitter/or an outfitter as applicable to apply for the permit in advance of your arrival at the airport.

2) The only people whom can NOW legally make an appliction for a (clients rifle permit) are those outfitters WHOM have been (formally registered) with the local Police authorities in Lusaka, and those outfitters have to FIRST get (pre-approved) by ZAWA whom are the appointed bona fide Wildlife Authority controlling ALL hunting within Zambia

So in a nutshell, it is not straight forward to put it mildly

Good luck

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay...thanks for that...plans changed to a flight into Harare...with that in mind can anybody shed some light on who typically has decent prices Europe to Harare...I know that it is impossible to fly weapons to Zim through England...so what is the best option?? KLM via Amsterdam or Lufthansa?? Thanks,
Andy

Live to Fish, Hunt to Live

Posts: 44 | Location: Uganda | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tigerfish,

My understanding is that KLM has joined in the ban on weapons to Zim. You can fly through England but you need 2 seperate tickets. One to get you to JNB and another to Zim. Gracy Travel or Kathi Klimes here in the States can handle that easily for you.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
TigerFish ..

Why dont you fly to Dubai UAE and then either take Air-Zimbabwe (if they still have any planes left that work )

OR .... I understand that Saeed's National Airline EMIRATES is planning to fly the route Dubai to Harare soon !!!

Good luck

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote