New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just my 2 cents worth
 Login/Join

posted
Gentlemen and Ladies

After 50 years of going back and forth on the African continent, a couple of my conclusions

1. Zimbabwe, and it's Hunting is a immoral situation , and anyone believing themselves for booking there, are just as bad as Mugabe

2. If a South African PH, or Outfitter tell me he is Ex Police Service, THERE IS NO @#$%#$%$#% WAY THAT I WILL BOOK WITH HIM

3. If a a Outfitter, badmouths another, or one from another country, F#$%#%$ HIM I will not book with him,

4. The holier than thou attitude from some, on this forum, with regards to others, whilst there is a Beam sticking out of their eye,is laughable, especially if the reports of their crossing the barriers of legality is talked about. Especially in Zambia

So take that , shove it in your pipe and smoke it

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Damn Snowbird, did you miss this years migration?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
donttroll

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Old pissed off guys are always the best entertainment popcorn

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, the second person to make my ignore list. One should at least try to make a positive contribution to the quality of the Forum before starting to toss turds.

Mike

Posts: 21669 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR, by the way ! :-) New member? Please proceed directly to the door marked "Ex-Member" !

Posts: 20158 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Hellfire . . . I get called things way worse than Mugabe most every day of the week.

Good luck with your fourth post.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:

sofa

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowbird:
Gentlemen and Ladies

After 50 years of going back and forth on the African continent, a couple of my conclusions

1. Zimbabwe, and it's Hunting is a immoral situation , and anyone believing themselves for booking there, are just as bad as Mugabe

2. If a South African PH, or Outfitter tell me he is Ex Police Service, THERE IS NO @#$%#$%$#% WAY THAT I WILL BOOK WITH HIM

3. If a a Outfitter, badmouths another, or one from another country, F#$%#%$ HIM I will not book with him,

4. The holier than thou attitude from some, on this forum, with regards to others, whilst there is a Beam sticking out of their eye,is laughable, especially if the reports of their crossing the barriers of legality is talked about. Especially in Zambia

Has anyone figured who and what this fine speaking fellow is so pissed about? Sounds like the wine bottle is empty, and he wasn't through drinking!

One thing sure he is pissed at SOMETHING, I just can't figure what!

By the way Snowbird, I don't smoke or drink! So I guess you will have to drink and smoke by yourself. BYE!

.............................................................................. bewildered

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
WTF? bewildered Who pissed in his canteen cup? old

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Maybe he ate some yellow snow...

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking Lithium or Mad Dog.

Posts: 179 | Location: South of Anchorage | Registered: 21 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post

~Ann

Posts: 19547 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Is that you Jolouburn? donttroll

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
You can keep your 2 cents. Oh, and you won't be the second on my ignore list...but you will be at the top.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I just LOVE modern technology!

We have this funny little software, which I let loose on the Forums when something silly crops up.

And guess what?

Within microsecond, it tells me who this individual is rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68633 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

We have this funny little software, which I let loose on the Forums when something silly crops up.

And guess what?

Do tell!!

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

You, sir, are a tease. Big Grin

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gentlemen and Ladies

Wow, "50 years going back and forth on the African Continent", 1 yr 16 days a member of this forum and THIS is what you come up with?!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Mr 2 cents,
you got lucky they do let idiots into Africa from time to time Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Welcome to AR, by the way ! :-) New member? Please proceed directly to the door marked "Ex-Member" !

Jon,
buddy you said it best!

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Actually a year and sixteen days as a member.

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
Chris,

Actually a year and sixteen days as a member.

Oops, my bad - edited

They didn't teach us maths in Cop College... Wink

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowbird,
You spent 50 years going back and forth on the African Continent and you were only able to form a couple of conclusions? Perhaps you should look another 50 years and you may find something positive about the experience.

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

Posts: 105 | Location: Looking for the Southern Cross | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

I need a tin of that stuff! tu2

'Kin 'ell! Can't you get to a medic and sort them liver flukes out. Or are you one of them well balanced chaps, a chip on both shoulders? An even tempered dude, pissed off all the time! Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
Big Grin

Posts: 10359 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
He reminds me of a monkey at the zoo slinging "stuff".

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
And I thought Hemingway was dead?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:

Obviously never used ANY outfitter as EVERY outfitter I have used has ALWAYS bagged the opposition.

Even when I say "I reckon it is really bad how every outfitter bags each other, what do you think?" Then they start bagging the opposition anyway. Quite funny.

quote:

Well there are FOUR there. rotflmo

quote:
Saeed:

Posted 30 January 2012 15:12

And guess what?

Ray? dancing

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Hellfire . . . I get called things way worse than Mugabe most every day of the week.

And that is just by my wife...

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No comments forthcoming from Snowbird - with all the flak coming quick and thick, looks like he's flown the coop! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Just my 2 cents worth"

Try as I might, I don't recall any another post where the author over-valued his comments more than Snowbird has in this one.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

one of us
posted Hide Post
i dunno i understood the topic starter just fine he may have been a little pissed but i understood where he was coming from some times when people post either drunk/angry or both maybe a small there topic could be taken with a small bit of salt sift thru what there trying to say and bring the point of the topic out.

btw i do smoke marihuana,it is used as a anti agression medication just as a pro tip to those of you out there that think it makes you angry or violent it dose the exact oposite

and has been used for over 3500 years by the hindu and middle eastern peoples for just as long the only thing you wanna attack after a joint or a nice big bowl is a friggin sandwich or a buffet.

and yes i hold my canadaian federal exemption/doctors presciption for up to 10 grames of pot per day. i just had to say this because i do see alot of older americans in particular spew old propganda from 1930's about how it makes you insane its the devils weeed i think its time for a more modern education on the topic...

the cannabis oils has been proven to cure certain forms of cancer yes cure it has also been used to treat and cause shrinking of tumours also in the treament of stomach pain and nausia/indigestion,innsomnia,parkinsens,cerebralpulsy the list gose on
back in the day even in the usa when grandma coudnt sleep she would go to the cabinet in the bathroom and put a few drops of cannabis tincture under her tounge then go crawl back under the covers with granpa and go to sleep none of this modern addicting sleep aid shit.

the one main reason weed was outlawed is because back in the 1920's and 30's it was black that mainly used it in the inner cities so the police used it as there main reson to outlaw it because it makes the blacks wanna rape and steal it was racialy started thru sheer ignorace.now that the year is 2012 i hope we can get past this...over 50% of the canadian population supports it for medical use hopefuly 1 day the usa will exit the stone age and see it to...

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
10 grams a day every day?...... Amen Brother!

"Don't bogard that joint my friend, pass it on over to me" shocker

one of us
posted Hide Post
yup 10g a day every day my doctor is wanting me to make more teas with it so hes uppin gmy permit to 20 grames a day so i can grow 98 plants im only aloud to grow 49 atm and instead of smoking ill start eating medibles(medicated edibles)and making teas..like bhang a indian style drink made with yogurt,crushed almonds cinnimon and hashish some make it slightly different.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 700 nitro:
i dunno i understood the topic starter just fine he may have been a little pissed but i understood where he was coming from some times when people post either drunk/angry or both maybe a small there topic could be taken with a small bit of salt sift thru what there trying to say and bring the point of the topic out.

btw i do smoke marihuana,.

.................................. cuckoo
700 nitro, that explains a lot that folks here have been puzzled about!

One would have to be high on something to get 2 cents worth and/or any meaning out of snowbird's rambling!

...................................... nilly

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
yup 10g a day every day my doctor is wanting me to make more teas with it so hes uppin gmy permit to 20 grames a day so i can grow 98 plants im only aloud to grow 49 atm and instead of smoking ill start eating medibles(medicated edibles)and making teas..like bhang a indian style drink made with yogurt,crushed almonds cinnimon and hashish some make it slightly different.

Five days of that and you have yourself a weakend.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NitroX:

[

Well there are FOUR there. rotflmo

Make that two couple! Big Grin

Maybe Snowbird should start on the "mountain cabbage" too. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[over 50% of the canadian population supports it for medical use hopefuly 1 day the usa will exit the stone age and see it to...[/QUOTE]

50% of people who are already high and live in B.C. Maybe! But 50% of Canadians? I'd like to see the supporting documentation on that.

Posts: 168 | Location: Canada | Registered: 22 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:

the one main reason weed was outlawed is because back in the 1920's and 30's it was ...

I thought the tobacco lobby got it banned because it was an easily home grown substitute/competitive product.

Nevertheless it does affect some people with very unwelcome effects eg paranoia.

quote:
Make that two couple! Big Grin

Snowbird gave us four for the price of two, in his 2 cents. Big Grin

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A media blitz of 'yellow journalism' raged in the late 1920s and 1930s. Hearst's newspapers ran stories emphasizing the horrors of marihuana. The menace of marihuana made headlines. Readers learned that it was responsible for everything from car accidents to loose morality.

Films like 'Reefer Madness' (1936), 'Marihuana: Assassin of Youth' (1935) and 'Marihuana: The Devil's Weed' (1936) were propaganda designed by these industrialists to create an enemy. Their purpose was to gain public support so that anti-marihuana laws could be passed.

Examine the following quotes from 'The Burning Question' aka REEFER MADNESS:

•a violent narcotic.
•acts of shocking violence.
•incurable insanity.
•soul-destroying effects.
•under the influence of the drug he killed his entire family with an ax.
•more vicious, more deadly even than these soul-destroying drugs (heroin, cocaine) is the menace of marihuana!

Reefer Madness did not end with the usual 'the end.' The film concluded with these words plastered on the screen: TELL YOUR CHILDREN.

In the 1930s, people were very naive; even to the point of ignorance. The masses were like sheep waiting to be led by the few in power. They did not challenge authority. If the news was in print or on the radio, they believed it had to be true. They told their children and their children grew up to be the parents of the baby-boomers.

On April 14, 1937, the Prohibitive Marihuana Tax Law or the bill that outlawed hemp was directly brought to the House Ways and Means Committee. This committee is the only one that can introduce a bill to the House floor without it being debated by other committees. The Chairman of the Ways and Means, Robert Doughton, was a Dupont supporter. He insured that the bill would pass Congress.

Dr. James Woodward, a physician and attorney, testified too late on behalf of the American Medical Association. He told the committee that the reason the AMA had not denounced the Marihuana Tax Law sooner was that the Association had just discovered that marihuana was hemp.

Few people, at the time, realized that the deadly menace they had been reading about on Hearst's front pages was in fact passive hemp. The AMA understood cannabis to be a MEDICINE found in numerous healing products sold over the last hundred years.

In September of 1937, hemp became illegal. The most useful crop known became a drug and our planet has been suffering ever since.

Congress banned hemp because it was said to be the most violence-causing drug known. Anslinger, head of the Drug Commission for 31 years, promoted the idea that marihuana made users act extremely violent. In the 1950s, under the Communist threat of McCarthyism, Anslinger now said the exact opposite. Marijuana will pacify you so much that soldiers would not want to fight.

Today, our planet is in desperate trouble. Earth is suffocating as large tracts of rain forests disappear. Pollution, poisons and chemicals are killing people. These great problems could be reversed if we industrialized hemp. Natural biomass could provide all of the planet's energy needs that are currently supplied by fossil fuels. We have consumed 80% of our oil and gas reserves. We need a renewable resource. Hemp could be the solution to soaring gas prices.