New
Find
Notify
Tools

I went hunting in Africa
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
with the help of 15 incredibly generous donors, I was able to kill (from a very long range indeed) some spirochetes in a lady named Kate. She has had some damage to her heart valves, but is feeling much better overall.

I am very grateful, and even more humbled by the experience. I will pass on her letter as soon as the last of the ceftriaxone courses through her veins.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Brother Lawndart, this is the point where my credentials are less than impeccable, but chemical warfare?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
So, you are telling us that she had a lot of tick bites?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
When everyone does just a little, big things are possible. Great news.

Mike

Posts: 21672 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell us how. Maybe we can kill more. Nice job, but no pictures!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thanks for making participation possible, Lawndart. Glad to hear the treatment is working!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16628 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it is working out. I was slow on the draw on this one but am proud of those who jumped in faster than me.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Leptospirosis?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great shot Lawndart! Glad a follow up wasn't necessary.

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JPenn
posted Hide Post
Lawndart,

That is good news, thanks for making it possible.

John

SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI

Posts: 226 | Location: Texas | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not being familiar with the term "spirochetes", I did quick web search and found "Both syphilis and Lyme disease are caused by these bacteria, and other species are important symbionts (sic) in the stomachs of cows and other ruminants." So, I conclude you were bitten by ticks or are unusually very found of antelopes....

Posts: 135 | Location: Canton, Ga. USA | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lyme borreliosis guys and gals (borreliosis roughly = spirochetes)

Our methods of treatment have improved a lot over the last 25 years.

She got Azithromycin for 14 days, and then started on the ceftriaxone.

She is up and about now. If she sends a picture I will post it.

The big ticks make you sick; the tiny ticks kill you dead.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote