New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neat Story
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Funny how things just pop into your head sometimes when you start reminicing.
I remembered this story and fortheheckofit thought I would share it with you.
I live in a small town.. at the time about 25 yrs ago we had 2 small sporting goods stores. One day I was in one of em and a new shipment of ammo had come in and lo an behold there were 2 boxes of Remington .458 win mag. One was solids the other soft pts. Well those 2 boxes sat on that shelf for quite a while maybe 6-7 yrs. One day a sportsman from the USA was up in our neck of the woods. Not sure but he could have been on a Bear hunt. He had a little time to kill and ended up in the Sporting goods store. He see's the .458 win mag shells and promptly offers to buy them. My friend the owner was pretty happy bout that but as he was wrapping them up for the fella he said to him..if you should shoot something interesting with these shells drop me a line or a picture. Well the fella said sure will and we all soon forgot about it. Prolly about 2-3 yrs later a letter arrives and in it is a short story and a picture of our hunter standing next to a helluva nice Bull Elephant..his!
Of course he had put the solids to good use and bless him he was faithfull to his promise and let us in on it.
Gave us all quite a thrill to see that the prodigal .458 rounds had finally been put to good use.

Posts: 434 | Location: Wetcoast | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a nice story mate, thanks for sharing it.

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote