THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Need help with fold marks on flatskins

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Need help with fold marks on flatskins
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Haven't given that one any thought. Let's see shot in 2002, will unfold in about 2009. Yeah I would say I'm pretty well screwed.

Posts: 13870 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, after 13 mos. my mounts and skins are here.

What is the easiest way to get the fold marks out of the hair side of the flatskins? ...any thoughts?

Thanks...

Posts: 180 | Location: Mt. Vernon,Ohio, USA | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

Did you use the cotton, wool, or delicate setting on that iron????

Posts: 19557 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good Question. Time dosent seem to help, I thought that they would flatten out after a while, but mine havent yet. Perhaps in a more humid climate they might.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RHS,
this is just an "educated" guess.I would use moist heat up to steam or hot water.
Fur is nothing but thick hair,straightens by giving it another "perm".

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Spread the skin out on a flat surface, like the floor. Cover the crease with a damp (not wet) towel and iron with an electric iron. You might have to iron the front and back if the crease is severe.

This worked for me on a severely creased hide that I wanted to use to make a pillow cover.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote