New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns thru Madrid?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any hassles going thru Spain to RSA on Iberia?

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mark in SC
posted Hide Post
Terry, Holly and I hunted in Spain in 2003 and getting a firearms import permit from the Federal Police at the airport was a breeze.

Unless they have changed their proceedures, I would think it would be as easy, or easier, to fly through Madrid with guns.

I would suggest that you call Debbie Gracy at Gracy Travel, 800-299-8558. She and her staff are always up to date on these matters.

Have a great hunt!

NRA, GOA, & SCI Life Member
www.scilowcountry.org

Posts: 692 | Location: South Carolina Lowcountry | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Procedures have not changed and going through the airport police to get your guns cleared is easy and will take a fewe minutes.
Drop me a PM if you want specific information.
Montero.

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I clearly remember Madrid airport. I didn't have any firearms, but my wife was there and I had just returned to London from several months in Africa and she was gone. Found out she was in Madrid working for a few weeks and not having a job, flew there for a few days and Barcelona to visit friends.

Anyway arrived in Madrid without a visa and had to wait for a couple of hours. Remember clearly these Spanish hunter dudes walking around the airport building with side by side shotguns slung on their shoulders, collecting their other luggage. No one was worried at all. Very at ease with hunters' firearms.

Hope your transit is as smooth.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote