Notify
Tools

Re: Pics from my Cameroon safari
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
MAC,
congratulations on a great hunt! thanks for sharing the accounts and pictures!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice roan Mac! It sounds like you had a great time. How isolated were the camps? Did you encounter many/any people in the hunting concessions?

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
MAC, that's a grand Roan. Someday?

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Great trophies.....especially the roan. He's a hoss! Congratulations! Do you have a website for Ngong or should I just contact Premier Safaris?

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In answer to some of your questions:

The bullets I used were the 300 Grain Woodleigh PP. Woodleighs are all I use in the 375. I find them to be very accurate and their performance has always been really good. I can't ask for anything better. Both solids and softs shoot to the same point of aim in my rifle.

The camp I was in was a couple hours drive from Garoua. No air charter was required, but the camp was still fairly remote. We passed a couple small villages and one little town. The camp is all by itself. I was the only hunter in camp. Ngong will not book more than 2, but I was alone. I had the full run of the concession, which is on the order of 150,000 hectres.

There is no livestock, farming or timber cutting allowed in the concession. It is set aside strictly for the hunting. Ngong Safaris has had exclusive rights to the area for 13 years. Camp consists of circular huts made of sundried bricks that have been whitewashed and roffed in thatch. The camp was comfortable, but not fancy. I greatly enjoyed it. I'd hunt there again any day of the week.

Cheers Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lapua
posted Hide Post
Hello they mate would you have the loads you used handy that you might share with me as I am
going to used the same bullets for hunting buff downunder.

thanks

Cheers

lapua

Posts: 114 | Location: Australia | Registered: 10 September 2003Reply With Quote