Find
Notify
Tools

A perspective on tipping
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted
An interesting read on a thorny subject that comes up here often enough. Perhaps this perspective helps us understand the seemingly over zealous generosity or just pure acceptance of the subject from our American friends. Some of the expected tipping percentages are high but I guess this has to be relative to the cost of the service.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/...to-tipping-in-the-US

Posts: 3907 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good point about the US minimum wage for hospitality workers...........

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Saeed, would it be possible to add a Tipping Forum to the Accurate Reloading forums?

stir

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A tipping forum??? You've got to be kidding, right?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Tipping forum?
Why not. It has to do everything with hunts and it is an integral part of every hunt and also very contentious issue.
I don't see problem with that Gatogordo.
It will keep the issue in the light instead in the dark and under the carpet.
It seems to come up frequently, so to keep everyone honest, it would be in everyone's interest to have it out along with prices of hunts etc.
" Trust, but verify " saying comes to mind...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote