THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    ZIM:Hunting revenues seen growing by 30% on Botswana ban

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ZIM:Hunting revenues seen growing by 30% on Botswana ban
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.zimbabwesituation.c...pct-on-botswana-ban/

Hunting revenues seen growing by 30pct on Botswana ban

Posted on February 28, 2014 by ZimSitRep_J — No Comments ↓

via Hunting revenues seen growing by 30pct on Botswana ban | The Source February 28, 2014

Safari operators in Zimbabwe are predicting an increase of between 20-30 percent in revenue during this year’s trophy hunting season after Botswana banned the practice citing shrinking wildlife resources.

Botswana’s ban took effect from January 1 this year because several species in the country were showing decline, and local operators say this has seen enthusiasts focusing on Zimbabwe.

“We are expecting between 20 to 30 percent more in revenue than in the previous hunting season because of the spill -overs from the Botswana ban,” said Langton Masunda, chairperson of the Hwange-Gwayi-Dete Conservancy in Matabeleland North.

The conservancy is home to the Big Five — lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino.

Trophy hunting generated $45 million last year, and could rise to $60 million this year.

Masunda said current conditions were also ideal for hunting.

“There is water everywhere and the quality of the game has improved and so is their (game) visibility which is good for hunters,” said Masunda.

Most hunting is conducted between April and October with June, July and August being the most popular months for hunting safaris.

Masunda said the European Union had lifted travel warnings to the country when it removed Zimbabwe’s political and military elite from sanctions two weeks ago, which augurs well for the industry.

“We expect more clients (from the EU) now that they are able to get international travel insurance to visit Zimbabwe to hunt,” said Masunda.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9500 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
"Die een se dood is die ander se brood!" coffee

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew: We have the excact same saying in Norway.
Den enes død den andres brødSmiler

Posts: 1091 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
???????? - What is this strange dialogue conteinyng the nomber in effect of all the prouerbes in the Englishe tongue? ... Smiler

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Die een se dood is die ander se brood (Afrikaner's - If the one dies, the other will benefit – used if someone profits from someone else’s loss)

Not sure if Andrew is suggesting Botswana's loss is Zimbabwe's and South Africa's gain or what

Fair to say not very nice and Andrew should know better. I think moral support is in order
Next week Andrew - or anyone else in the African Safari Business could be in the same sinking raft
Andrew would probably would not give the same analogy if it were his country shutting down the safari business

Need to remember, there are some really nice people whose livelihood is being affected by Botswana's closure, Johan Calitz comes to mind

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Actually it really means, "It is an ill wind that blows no one any good."

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
Actually it really means, "It is an ill wind that blows no one any good."

http://boeretroos.wordpress.co.../29/death-continued/

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
King is dead, long live the king
Makes sense to me.
Life has always been that way

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote