THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Mark Sullivan & the .45-70, your feelings?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark Sullivan & the .45-70, your feelings?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
You know this site can be so argumentative, sometimes just down right unfriendly.

I thought I'd lighten it up a bit with a subject we can all agree on.

How do you guys feel about Mark Sullivan shooting a P.F. M-700 in .45-70 with a 1 in 18 twist while writing flowery poetry about Ray Atkinson?

moon troll moon troll moon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna' need some clarification here - is Mark writing the poetry or am I?

Secondly, is the .45-70 blued or stainless? Wood or synthetic? Braked or not? How long is the barrel? Which load?

Finally, is there any chance the .45-70 is sticking up his rear end when he pulls the trigger?

This is all in fun, y'understand. Never met the man nor watched any of his videos.

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No!!!

Will is writing the poetry, The rifle has a 1 in 28 twist and it is the best DG rifle caliber ever built. Don't you know anything. Stainless is only used in sub standard rifles . Never in a fine M-700 PF lever gun. Geesssh..
Roll Eyes

And don't argue with me I've killed more men than any other buffalo ALIVE in America today.

TRY and pay attention next time!

Wink

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Is Ray promising the hunt will be "true free range" and the "best he can find"?!!!

sofa

dancing

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Of course the 45-70 load would have to be the infamous Garrett Hammerhead......LOL!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This rifle is a PF Lever Rem 700 in case color hardened retro fiber. Stalked with wood that was dredged up from the Titanic. It is the finest rifle I've ever built. It shoots negative 1/4" groups at 25'. It handles carries and feeds smoother than a well oiled seal butt.

I love it I spent thousands of hours lovingly building it and have killed 28 buff with last season.

I love it so much that I'd never consider getting rid of it!

If you are interested in buying this rifle drop me a line.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I assume that it's a high-fence lion hunt in South Africa?

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, great thread!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
If Carmello would crawl out from under his rock and agree to be the tracker or buffalo bait, it sounds like a dream hunt in the making. dancing

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jumping jumping jumping
animal animal clap animal clap

Damn funny threaD!!!

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote