Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Lowest Mounts for CZ 550
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
I don't know but you will probably need High or Extra High Warne mounts, regardless of objective diameter.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Warne are .425 high, for the lowest that I saw. I use the Q.D. rings with a 2.5 Leopold on my CZ 416. they repeat back to zero . Look at the BROWNELL's catalog page 328 or call tech support at 800 741 0015 to answer your questions. On my 9.3 I used the high CZ brand rings to get my Doctor 3x9 to clear everything.

Posts: 202 | Location: davenport, iowa | Registered: 31 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got some Talley Medium and Warne Low.

The Warne Low is so low that the only scope it will work with on the CZ is the Leupold M8 2.5X. Any other scope I have tried and the ocular bell blocks the bolt handle.

I think Warne quit making the low.

Talley Medium is much more useful and prettier, and better steel, no doubt.

You can modify the bolt handle to clear the Warne Low and some other scope, possibly, but I wouldn't mess with that, just personal preference.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Guys,

I'm using a 1.5 X 5 VXIII Leupold so it sounds lake the medium Talleys would be the best.

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote