Find
Notify
Tools

First Safari To Tanzania
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A few months ago I spoke to my friend Ray about finding us a good place to hunt in Tanzania.

He did a lot of research, and came up with his recommendations that we hunt with Pierre van Tonder.

A date was set, and a number of us made arrangements to hunt with Pierre starting on the 24th of this month.

Our party was to include my late friend, George Hoffman and his wonderful wife Mary. I never had the pleasure of meeting George in person, but spoke to him on the phone many times, and both of us would have very much enjoyed sharing a hunt together.

Well, the Lord had other plans, and George is with Him right now. I am sure he is chasing some buffalo in the Happy Hunting Grounds, a place where I hope we shall all meet.

A late re-arrangement of plans was made - and I must admit I did not have to do much persuading to get Dwight and JIm to come along [Big Grin]

So now we have quite a collection of characters going hunting together.

Here is how Walter describes everyone.

Ray the African cowboy
Obelisk Dwight
Texas Jim
Horst the Ostrich
DR. Anna-Marie
Alan the Zim
Horrie
And of course Walter the walterhog slayer.

We will be hunting in the Selous, and hopefully be back home by the 12th of September.

I am taking my two 375/404 rifles, together with our own Walterhog 300 grain bullets. This is the first time these bullets are going to be used on a hunt, and I will post the results when we get back.

We do have a sat phone and a sat modem - of which Walter has taken charge! And if he manages not to break them within the first day or two of the hunt, we will give you live reports from the camp.

We will send photos to our friend JudgeG, who kindly agreed to post them for us.

See you all back here in 3 weeks time, and may God grant you the hunt of your life [Big Grin]

Posts: 66977 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Waidmannsheil!!!! Have a great hunt.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I KNOW you're gonna have a great hunt. I was in the area next to yours in July and the game populations are higher than I've ever seen in the Selous......... I'm going back there a few days after you leave, so sadly we won't meet up..... however, I might just just manage to see Ray before he leaves. If so, we'll drink a toast to you...........

Have a great time.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

Wow! I get to get the reports and pictures, first! I can't wait and I KNOW you folks will have a great time.

I got an e-mail from Dar es Salaam today from Pierre. He's looking forward to your arrival (and is probably bumping along a dirt track to the camp, now.

Give an toast to George for me, sign up Annalei as the new lawyer for WalterHog Bullets, Inc. and ask Pierre about the $100 "purse" we found right in the middle of the Selous.

And.... Get that monster lion!

You the Man!

[ 08-20-2003, 14:53: Message edited by: JudgeG ]

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Orion>
posted
Weidmannsheil Martin

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
I wish you a safe journey and a wonderful hunt, and I hope you will enjoy every minute (and I presume you will)!

And I look forward to your pictures, videos and stories!

Regards,
Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Harry>
posted
I hope it is a great safari.
We will be with you in spirit.
Don't worry...the little fat round man from Sonora, TX is watching the whole affair. He just has a different viewing point.
Better tomorrows, [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a safe, fun, and fruitful hunt. We're already looking forward to your reports!

Posts: 337 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Saeed, et al. I hope this is one of your best hunts yet.

As excited as I am for you, Walter, Ray and the rest for what has all the makings of a grand adventure, I am equally as excited about the stories, photos and videos that will follow!

Have a great trip and travel safely, my friend.

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Saeed

Take care and all the best of luck. Let the cameras roll soo me can get some new entertainment [Big Grin]

Now, what gun will Waltherhog use?? [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a safe and productive journey!

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
May the Red Gods of the Hunt smile on you and your compadres!

Posts: 7530 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Hope you have a fantastic hunt and the bullets work as hoped. Anxious to see the pictures!!

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

I just spoke with Texas Jim and he couldn't stand waiting at home any longer so he drove to town tonight to be closer to the airport for his flight in the morning.

And around here we don't call him Texas Jim, we call him JustJim. Last year in Namibia I made the mistake of calling him Jimmie and he corrected me by saying - my name's not Jimmie it's just Jim. So JustJim it is.

You guys have a great trip!

Cindy

Posts: 49 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 29 January 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Cindy,

Welcome to the forum.

After spending a few days with Walter, I am sure he will collect a few more names.

Posts: 66977 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hi
Have good hunt and nice trip.
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
You are going to love Tanzania!!!!!!!!!!
Next to Sudan it was my favorite place to hunt
as it is """AFRICA"""!!!!

When you invited George and I to share in this
adventure we couldn't have been more excited had
we won the Texas Lottery. I am sure Dwight and
Just Jim are sharing similar emotions about now
and I wish everyone of you the very best possible
hunting experience and I will eagerly await news
on AR and especially that promised Video.

Drink an extra few Fanta Oranges for George
and savour every detail to share with all of
us here.
Best Regards,
Mary

Posts: 8 | Location: Sonora, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Have a wonderful hunt, Saeed. I promise not to break the website in your absence, and since you are taking Walter he can't.....so my 3 weeks should be a piece of cake.

I have just moved Accuratereloading.com to our new server. As DNS propogates, people should see an increase in speed. You will know you are on the new page as it says updated 21 August 2003. The old server which we will leave up for the next week says updated "today".

Be safe, Godspeed.

Don

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote