New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant hunt with CMS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Heading to Zim for a hunt with CMS for elephant in Sept. I have been pretty much sble to control my emotions but with this weekend my life has finally slowed down enough that I was able to watch the three dvd's Buzz/Myles/Alan/Rich have produced. Holly Cow, I may need to call for some help as now I'm so worked up I can't hardly contain myself. Though, on thinking about it, I wouldn't trade these emotions of anticipation of the up coming hunt for anything it is such a special time in the process of my hunting experiences. With that said I wish to thank the team of CMS taking the time to produce these fantastic dvd's that I have just watched but also all the hunters that shared their hunts. I have enjoyed and learned from them all. I just hope I can be half as good of hunter that you folks were. Thank you and good luck to you all!!

Posts: 195 | Location: Douglas, Wyoming | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob welcome to AR. Great choice for Ele; going with Buzz's outfit. His DVD, where it shows the shot's impact point, then superimposes where the brain is, is the best Elephant tutorial I've seen.

PS: Regarding being half as good a hunter as folks on AR....when posting on the web, everyone claims to be "Bwana Dead-Eye" :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great choice. What area will you be hunting? Tuskless or trophy bull? Who will you be hunting with?
Looking forward to your report.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
You made a great choice to hunt with CMS. They are tops in their field and will treat you right. I'll be back for my third trip with them this October and again for my fourth with them in April.

Just as Biebs said, Buzz's first DVD, "Hunting the African Elephant", has to be the very best instructional video ever made concerning shot placement on ele's. I've watched it so many times the DVD doesn't play right any longer!

Looking forward to your report! September will be here sooner than you realize!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's for bull elephant. With regards to the area I'm not very good on the specific african areas and in my house cleaning duties for the second time I have promptly lost some of my paperwork. It is where the CMS guys I met at SCI said we should give a try for the time I had available that was also had an open date for my daughter and I. I'm pretty sure it is in the NW of Zim. Alan Shearing is the PH as I understand that is to monitor us on this adventure of a lifetime. I just hope I can stay in the game as required of me. As I stated before the hunters in the CMS videos set a high standard.

Posts: 195 | Location: Douglas, Wyoming | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz's video is tops. If you haven't already acquired Richard Harland's book "Ndlovou, the Art of Hunting the African Elephant," I strongly suggest it as well. Having seen Richard interviewed in the video, you know he's the real deal.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob and his Daughter will be hunting in Kazuma for ele bull in Sept which is about as good as it can get!!!!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I've heard Kazuma can be a "garden of Eden" at the right time.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Don't worry 'bout all that other stuff, just get your permits, all of them. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Alan Shearing is one of the finest men I have ever met and a great PH. You will have the time of your life. Enjoy.

John

Posts: 42 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 16 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found my paperwork and Buzz is spot on as Kazuma is where I'm supposed to go. I have a bugger of a time keeping track of somethings especially the important stuff as I seem to put it in that special place so I'll find it. Then give a little shuffling and a few weeks and I'm in trouble. I think that is why my wife says I need to be monitored and is sending my daughter along.

I'm really looking forward to the hunt as I haven't been on a vacation for five years or is it six? Anyway, I hope my abilities as my life has passed are still in the range of not being a detriment to those that are involved.

Also I'm looking forward to meeting Mr Shearing as so many have said so many nice things about him. But really, why would I expect anything different from the beginning of meeting the CMS crew at SCI they have always been so professional and especially so tolerant of my issues.