New
Find
Notify
Tools

MARS vs. Global Rescue
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The boy and I leave for Zim, July 27. We are hunting with Martin Pieters. I've got info from Global Rescue, but we are paying the $10/day each for MARS. My question is will MARS only get you out of the bush and back to the city, in Zim, or does it extend more than that? I'll probably go ahead and get global rescue, but didn't want to spend money needlessly. So boys, fill me in. I'd like to make the decision on this in the next few days.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I do Global Rescue... never had to use them but at $325 a year it is cheap insurance if something unlikely happens!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I did a search, after I made the post. Looks like I'll pick up Global rescue, as well as an over seas medical insurance policy[I did that for our trip to RSA, in 08]. You are right, its a pretty small amount to pay, when looking at the big picture. Plus I'm 60 yo. Big Grin

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
I use Global Rescue.

They offer the best service in theory -- and I've had two friends rescued by them and the theory seems to hold true in practice. Both of my friends were full of praise and neither had even one complaint.

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Plus I'm 60 yo. Big Grin

A mere youngster. tu2

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Global Rescue.

Good Luck on your hunt. Keep us posted.

Jas

Jas Madhavan

Posts: 82 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: 06 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why are you getting overseas health insurance? Aetna covers me all over the world. I thought they all did. Global rescue will pick you up in the bush. They will organize search and rescue if the locals don't or won't. It's a good policy and will evacuate you without having to jump through bureaucratic hoops. Only requirement is that the local doc deem you sick enough to admit you into his hospital.