New
Find
Notify
Tools

Highveld Taxidermists?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any of your guys ever used this company? Good bad?

Posts: 47 | Location: West Palm Beach Florida | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Highveld are very good but you might also like to consider Lifeform Taxidermy in White River - You can check out their work at http://www.lifeform.co.za

One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
I am using Highveld for dip and pack from my recent trip. I will let you know how they do. Very nice operation.

Posts: 323 | Location: Jackson, Miss | Registered: 12 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dieter and Thomas are very personable and pleasant to deal with. I had the opportunity to tour their operation last June after my safari and was very impressed. My pedastal zebra went to the SCI convetion this Janurary it is a stunning mount. Still waiting for the rest of my trophies. My friend used them on a previous trip and his mounts are great. He had a problem with slippage on a Nyala and they have offered to redo the mount with a new cape free of charge. The mounts 30-40% cheaper done there as apposed to bringing them here and having them done.

Posts: 21 | Location: Rexburg, Idaho | Registered: 07 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My outfitter used Highveld for dip/pack and flatskin tanning for my 2002 safari. I was pleased with my contact with them. They also measured all my trophies for RW and SCI and faxed the forms to me.

One caution: if you don't like your horns treated with a flat black paint/stain/whatever during the dipping process, be sure to tell them NOT to darken them. I much prefer the horns left natural color.

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

One caution: if you don't like your horns treated with a flat black paint......

roflmao

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote