Find
Notify
Tools

416 John rigby
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted
I am thinking of buying a john rIGBY 416 THAT IS PRACTICALLY NEW. It has been well looked after and I am higly tempted of buying it. What would be a reasonable price? any tips. Thanks

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Date of manufacture would be very important.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get in touch with Patrick at Willoughby McCabe&Co. He will know.

Posts: 307 | Location: Dye Mound , Texas | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot will depend on when and on which action it was made. If it's a pre-1939 rifle on an original Magnum Mauser action, be prepared to part with big heap money...

An honest to goodness "like new" 1920's vintage .416 sold for upwards of $ 40 000 not too long ago here in my neck of the woods. If only I had the money...

If it's a post-WW II rifle on a modified standard M98 action, it will be worth considerably less.

Also, condition is vitally important as well, but then you've mentioned that it's been very well looked after.

Posts: 391 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any chance of us seeing some photographs?

Posts: 392 | Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Yes sir i will work out all details and pas them on. thanks for the response

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote