Find
Notify
Tools

benellis TV show
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Most altercations are cleverly put, it leaves one asking oneself if he has truely just been shat on, or praised.............

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil-PH:
Most altercations are cleverly put, it leaves one asking oneself if he has truely just been shat on, or praised.............

Neil - I think Steve handled that one pretty well?? Sometimes its hard to tell, as he cleverly hides his true intentions. Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I never hide anything mate and I'm suprised you think I do..... but ah well, I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
To get back on topic...

quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
I don't care what anyone else thinks or does. Thats there business BUT I will never shot (sic) a barnes bullet again

Good news! That leaves more for the rest of us that think they do an excellent job.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe ddrhook.Chromemoly rifled barrels were invented to shoot lead and jacketed lead bullets,not monometal solids or softs.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it's amazing. you give a little info on this forum and people cry and bitch and scream like you have slapped there mothers.Dam since when is a bullet a holy icon. All I did was post what happen. the ammo rep. did not disagree. it was a malfuction of the bullet. end of story

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
it's amazing. you give a little info on this forum and people cry and bitch and scream like you have slapped there mothers.Dam since when is a bullet a holy icon. All I did was post what happen. the ammo rep. did not disagree. it was a malfuction of the bullet. end of story

ddrhook - I don't doubt your account one bit, its certainly possible the bullet failed! I for one meant no dis-respect, however I have always had excellent results with the Barnes line of bullets, with one exception.

Now, I'm no bullet expert, perhaps someone who knows more can weigh in on this one. But I know that I have a particular .338 RUM that WILL NOT shoot the Barnes bullets worth a darn. I think because of the fact that they are copper, they are also longer, and the barrel needs to have the correct twist ratio to stable the longer Barnes bullets? When I shoot them out of my .338 RUM, they are all over the place, they simply won't stable out. But out of my .375 RUM they shoot great! Not sure the difference, but there is one? Perhaps that could have been your problem, and the bullets were not stabilizing before hitting the target, causing the mal-function? Your gun just may not like em. Did you have any problems getting the gun to shoot very accurately, when you originally sighted it in??

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ddrhook -

Since it sounds like it was "factory ammo" that you were using, since you were discussing it with an "ammo rep", could it have been "faulty" ammo? Maybe that particular shell was underloaded by the manufacturer thus resulting in a negative result? That's one reason I don't hunt with factory ammo anymore and load my own.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only way we will learn, is to post all of our failures and successes. No bullet made by anyone is immune to failing once in awhile. It is when we see many failures that we should rate the bullet as a poor design.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is on bullet that will never fail, it is the Jesus Christ Bullet, but I just can't seem to find them anywhere!

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone shot the nitro 700? I am curious as to the recoil a gun of that magnitude exhibits? Seems to me like it would be awful.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rhromm:
Has anyone shot the nitro 700? I am curious as to the recoil a gun of that magnitude exhibits? Seems to me like it would be awful.

No, but I've shot a .600. I'd imagine it's about the same level of recoil, but in a heavier rifle.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rhromm
Yes I have played with a .700 and yep, it pushes a bit. The one I have shot weighs in at 19.5 pounds
and the weight helps. I have fired much lighter .600 NE's and found the recoil much worse than the .700. It was fun? to shoot, but in MHO it is not a practical rifle from a weight, ammo cost. Like a Rolls Royce ,nice to own, but not to park at the mall !

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rhromm,

Got to do that at Big Doggy 700's place last September. A nice Searcy, but a bit light at 14 lbs. It was worse than shooting his Four Bore Double.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have little experience compared to Saeed and some of you other guys but I love the triple shock on larger game. For me it obviates the need for a solid of any kind on anything I hunt.

Elephant hunting would probably find me using solids but that probably won't happen. Elephant evoke emotions in me that other animals don't. I'm not suggesting others shouldn't hunt them, quite the opposite is true, just not me.

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote