THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    elephant guns to the range...african targets

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

elephant guns to the range...african targets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Come one come all...

Saturday October 14th Route 100 South Fogelsville, Pa..8am at the Starlite diner across street from Holiday Inn for breakfst then range time 8 miles away....

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Geeze Mike you're a brave man sitting in the middle of that Gamelands on opening morning of Muzzeloading season!

Posts: 2 | Location: wishing I was in SA but stuck in Vt | Registered: 22 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Crapola. My CZ .416 Rigby just arrived at the factory for warranty work or I'd be there. Reckon I'll end up at the Carlisle gun show instead...

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Matt, you may come I will bring a 450 #2 double, 458 Lott, and ,2 .375 H&H's....

Just show up...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike. I spoke with "she who must be obeyed" and I've got a kitchen pass.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
When I saw PA, I had a glimmer of hope, but you are almost to NJ.

Long way from Cincinnati!

Have fun,

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Sorry Don, we will try to arrange one for the western part of the state in the spring...

Mike

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Sounds great! Anybody know a good range in WV? Smiler

Don_G

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Retriever

Not wanting to hyjack your thread but I saw on the "Seyfield" thread that you went to "Vintagers". How did it go?

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Don,

We have quite a few, but I don't think there's anything in the Northern Panhandle that would suit your needs

DNR list of WV shooting ranges

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Retreever,
Will miss this one, we are in process of moving fron Georgia to Barto PA (near Reading/Allentown).I will be a PA resident 10/30.
bobga
Guess I will have to change my Accurate Reloading name to bobpa

Posts: 201 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What type of targets do you use at range for elephant guns. I wish to purchase targets (life size or reduced - in case of elephant and large animals) of African Big Five that have kill zones on them. I have Win 458 Mag in Model 70 and 458 Lott in CZ 550. Thank you for any assistance. I live in New Jersey and belong to gun club with 100 yard range.

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Mike:

Just called my old man. He said you two chatted this morning.

He'll be there, and bringing the big bitch! Watch him shoot it; it's pretty funny!

Anyone wants to shoot a .577 NE double rifle, Staurday will be the day to give that mean lady a ride!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancing dancing dancing

I am IN - YYYAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

jumping

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Fellas looks good for great targets....

NitroX here is the link for the Vintager's

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=218107155#218107155

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike:

Can I bring my BB gun... Smiler

Regards... Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Jim, bring your Lott and you know where the Starlite is....

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't arrainge it this fall, too many irons in the fire already but if ya'll are interested I have access to range facilities in western Maryland at the intersection of I-81 & I-70. We only have 13 miles between PA & WV!

Within a couple hours of the whole mid-Atlantic region & not too far removed from the Ohio valley. Too early to plan but keep it in mind.
cheers

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
It's only 135 miles for me. I wish I knew about it sooner I would have loved to go. I need to practice more with my 470.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of geese
posted Hide Post
I can't make this one, but I'd sure like to try for the one in the spring.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Well the targets arrived today..I have lion, warthog, bushpig, rhino, buf, bear, and leopard..

Mike dancing

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well the targets arrived today..I have lion, warthog, bushpig, rhino, buf, bear, and leopard..

Mike, make sure you also bring the side of a barn. That's about the only thing Doc52 can hit with the .577 sofa

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brian simmons
posted Hide Post
wish i could go and watch you guys not too far from me in n.j. but, have things already planned and dont own anything bogger than 300wm. havent made it to the bog boys yet. Big Grin

brian r simmons

Posts: 186 | Location: nj | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Brian, come an join us even for breakfast and a few shots..Get to shoot a boomer...You won't go back...

Mike

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
Anyone wants to shoot a .577 NE double rifle, Staurday will be the day to give that mean lady a ride!

Nope, she will take YOU for a ride. lol

Found out for myself back in August clap

Have fun guys.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike

If you can organize a shoot in the western end of Pa this spring I've got a 470NE, 416 rigby, a 375 WBY, and a couple of 375 H&H's that I can bring. The 470 and one of the 375 H&H's are doubles.

TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TerryR:
Mike

If you can organize a shoot in the western end of Pa this spring I've got a 470NE, 416 rigby, a 375 WBY, and a couple of 375 H&H's that I can bring. The 470 and one of the 375 H&H's are doubles.

TerryR

dancing

I've got an M70 in 416 Rem - not very sexy in this crowd.

I have never shot a double, but I'd love to risk getting the disease!

Don_G

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Don,
I'm in the not-so-sexy crowd with ya -- Bolt action .416 Rigby by CZ. I did, however, shoulder a Merkel .470 NE at BassPro and that was one sexy beast. I haven't fired one yet and fear I'll like it...
Matt

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Don and Terry, we will definately plan one for the spring...
Don't worry about the lowly bolts...They are my bread and butter guns...

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the 450 No 2 that is for sale going to be available for review?

(Note: Due to distance, I cannot consider going. This is just a question.)

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wish i could have been there

sorry about the spelling,
I missed that class.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
Any plans forming up for a spring shoot?