New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-trophy Cape buffalo hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone done a non trophy buff hunt? I don't mean a cow buffalo hunt but rather a non trophy bull. I would like to experience hunting a mature bull but since I don't take trophies I was looking for a non trophy hunt.

I know Mokore safaris in Zim offers them from time to time but if anyone could share their experience or suggest an outfitter that does them I would appreciate it.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any mature buff is a trophy! Cool

I have never run across a different rate for "trophy" and "non-trophy" buff. Only differentiation I have seen is for males and females...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes esp in South Africa they offer slightly reduced prices for "scratch and dent" buffalo bulls. However the Europeans actually prefer to take very old bulls with worn down horns and bosses and are willing to pay full price for them.

Your best bet is a fenced hunt where they want to improve the genetics ..

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...071002702#1071002702

Link to my non trophy, non exportable buff and elephant hunt with Mokore. Beautiful area, super hunt. Ready to go back.

Posts: 262 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Karl Stumpfe( Ndumo Safaris) offers non exportable buff bull hunts in the eastern Caprivi. I did one 2 years ago( hunt report on here somewhere) and shot a nice old bull.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13403 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
In the APNR reserves in South Africa we offer free range hunts in a big 5 area for old Dagga Bulls at reasonable prices. You are welcome to PM or e mail me for more information.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...251007012#1251007012

Happy hunting

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for their responses. I really worry that I'm going to get priced out of the dangerous market and the situation with Cecil doesn't help matters. I'm doing my research now
And hoping to go in 2016.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rxgremlin:
Has anyone done a non trophy buff hunt? I don't mean a cow buffalo hunt but rather a non trophy bull. ...

Well, I know of one person here that converted a trophy bull hunt into a non trophy cow hunt, but not the other way around. Wink

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
rotflmo tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13403 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote