New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 375 Accubonds in Namibia
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
They worked great for me on 13 animals in Namibia. I'll keep shooting them, and probably will try them on an elk or two. I really liked the performance, and the thru and thru penetration. They are MOA in my Rem 700 BDL/SS.

One of my friends that I had elk hunting this weekend had a 180 grain Grand Slam from a 300 Weatherby absolutely blow up, on a 6 pt bull elk's shoulder bone at 285 yards,and not go into the chest cavity. Caused us two hours extra work and several more shots to recover him. Proves anything is possible with any bullet, sometimes.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used 260 grain accubonds in federal premium for plains game in Zim this month. They worked great on everything fron eland to baboons.

Regards, PG

Posts: 153 | Location: Riverside, CA Lake Havasu, AZ | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They look like they got the job done. I use 260 Nosler Partitons on a wildebeest and it got the job done, but finding the bullet looking like a wadcutter, I switched to 300 gr. A Frames and never recoved a bullet due to thru and thru wounds.

Posts: 426 | Location: Nevada | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob do you mind sharing your loads with us? Thanks

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote